What's new

X1 projector at BestBuy!!! (1 Viewer)

Brian Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
Cross posting this in case anyone needs to know...

I was able to get the 10% discount without a coupon by signing up for a Best Buy credit card. They said that you get 10% the entire first purchase made with the card! Not sure if this was just the BB I went to, but it sounded like a general policy.

In fact, they said the 10% coupon was only good for purchases made using the BB credit card, although I did not see that written on the coupon. But as I stated, since it was my first purchase on the card I didn't even use the coupon.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
In fact, they said the 10% coupon was only good for purchases made using the BB credit card, although I did not see that written on the coupon. But as I stated, since it was my first purchase on the card I didn't even use the coupon.
A reply to your cross post.
I think they meant this to you only because you applied for BB credit. You must use the BB credit to get the 10% off.
This is a totally separate program/policy.
The coupons have nothing to do with their credit program.
You can pay cash for the sale with the coupon.
But that would be foolish if you have a major merchant card
that will double the warranty up to 1 additional year.
As I did.

Although this would be a another means for someone to take an additional %10 off if they have no coupon.
I just don't like applying for credit that's not needed.
I have never had a BB credit account.
Not about to start now.

Brian Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
Not that it matters at this point, but the store I was at did insist that to use the coupons required charging the purchase on the Best Buy card. They said that the coupons are sent to people who have the card. (now that I think about it, I don't think the guy who I got the coupon from had a BB account). Anyway, I'm just going to cancel the card soon. Too bad I didn't get the extra warranty though like you did. But at least we all get 5 years from InFocus, even if some of it is only labor. The one nice thing is that the BB card is no payments or interest for 18 months, so I can keep the $ in my savings account earning interest for a year.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Brian,
Both my wife & I had been mailed all these coupons about a week ago, for a total of two sets of I think each envelope had about four or five different offers.
Neither of us have a BB credit.
I purchased the X1 with the extra 10% off two days prior to the start on Friday with the coupon and NO BB credit card.
They use other means for their mailing list that goes further then their credit card services.
We strolled the local store yesterday and handed out the extra's that we did not use. (some very happy shoppers);)
One gal was purchasing a $300 ipod, she received $60 in fee best buy cash cards with one coupon we gave.
To me it sounds like your store was out of line with self promotion.
Maybe a simple call to BB corporate here in Minnesota is needed.
Jerry

Brian Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
Jerry,

Yeah, it did seem a bit screwy having to sign up for a card, but I didn't want to argue since I had read about some stores not allowing the coupons to be used to buy the X1. I'm just going to cancel the card in a few months before I have to pay any interest. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks