What's new

x1 pic shots (1 Viewer)

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if any of you x1 owners would share some screen shot pics? I'm in battle with my wife and doesn't
think the x1 is bright enough to be used as tv in a room with light. She would rather get a plasma 3g's than a x1 for 1G. I'm lost. If any would share some pics. Thx

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I'm sure someone will chime in with some pics, but you can get some now at AVS. The under $3500 projector board is full of X1 users.

Tim Streagle

Stunt Coordinator
I think she may be right on this one. My X-1 (150 hours) would never work well in broad daylight. Even in presentation mode with the brightness boosted. Football would work- Movies, no way. Sorry.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
How much light are you talking about? Some ambient light but pretty dark? or medium light? Or full daylight?

You should find a store to demo it if you can, that way you can now for sure.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
In DAYLIGHT with windows, my X1 doesnt work well at all. I have cheap rolldown vinyl shades that block out the light during the day which works fine. But with a big window, daylight is killer. Normal room light is fine though.

i never knew how bright even an overcast day is until i got the X1.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I was able to use the X1 in a fairly bright room, but only in "Presentation mode" (brighter, but more washed-out picture) and only for XBox games. Movie watching was not acceptable under those conditions.

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
i found some pics and picked up on sat. it was well worth it. i decided to move it to my main living room. which low light even in the day time. up staires was to bright . i was very surprised how well it worked. the football game was great on it. ots the super bowl is going to be great on it. this is the reason i was buying it. i thought it would be chill to have it blown up for the game . i live in houston and still can't go to game. tickets are crazy. 2 and 5 g's. i will be painting a football feild and put a goal post for the big party. i will post pics on how big i could get the picture. thx for ya'll help. it was a great buy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks