X1 owners

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jim Mcc, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    I'm considering buying an X1 and I have a couple questions. I have a Philips Q50 DVD player(with Faroudga) and a JVC prog. scan DVD player. I also would like to hook up a Dish Network 811 HD sat. receiver in near future. Which DVD player would work best with X1, and would I hook it up to S-video input? How would I hook up HD sat. to X1? Does the Faroudga on X1 only work over the S-video input? Or am I going to need to swap cables to use sat. receiver? Thanks.

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Nobody can help me? Anyone know of a B&M store where I can buy the Infocus VGA/component cable adapter? Thanks.

3. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Cinematographer

Jim:

The VGA/Component cable adapter is available from the Infocus on-line store for $10.00. I'm sure there are alternatives available, but I didn't chose to explore them.

As to the DVD player: You could probably just go with the JVC via s-video and let the X1's Faroudja handle all the de-interlacing chores. The resulting picture would probably be just as good or better as running the Philips player into the VGA via component.

PLEASE BE AWARE that the X1 has been out of production for quite some time. It's been replaced by the X1a and the X2. Neither one of those projectors includes the Faroudja DCDi circuitry. That's the reason I was trying to point you toward the new 4805 in the other thread. Although it costs around $500.00 more, it's far superior to the X1 for Home Theater applications.

In any event, if you do decide to the go the X1 route be sure to get the original X1 and not the currently-in-production X1a or X2.