1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

X1 and what DVD player

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jim Mcc, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    I'm looking to buy a DVD player for my X1, and I'm not sure what type to buy. Are most guys using a progressive scan player hooked up to VGA/component input? Or are most guys using interlaced mode hooked up to S-video/component input, and letting the Faroudja in X1 do it's job? Or will an upconverting DVD player improve the image over both of these? Thanks for your opinions.

2. Ralph B

Ralph B Supporting Actor

I think so...

I have a Zenith DVB-318 upconverting player on my X1 and its great!!! some say different but I owned a XP50 and there is def an upgrade with the zenith.

3. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Cinematographer

I own a progressive scan Sony player, but I'm just running it into the s-video input of the X1 and letting the Faroudja "do it's thing"!

To tell you the truth, just for kicks I tried hooking up my daughter's $25 Apex player into the s-video input of the X1 to see how it looked ... and it wasn't bad! There was a small lack of "video dynamic range" but the picture otherwise still looked pretty darn good. That Faroudja circuit is amazing.