X, Y AND ZEE with Elizabeth Taylor, Michael Caine coming?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Andrew Budgell, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell Screenwriter

Andy Budgell
    Apparently, X, Y and Zee starring Dame Elizabeth Taylor and Sir Michael Caine is going to be released in the near future. According to posts on the IMDb, some fans called Sony in London, and apparently this will be released in R1 by Christmas 2006. Can't wait!

Andy

2. Philo MacDuff

SONY has another Michael Caine film, a really under-rated WWII mission film called PLAY DIRTY. I really wish they'd release this. I caught it on TV recently and it was a pan & scan job after beautiful widescreen opening credits. Terrific performances from Caine and Nigel Davenport and tense detailed direction from Andre de Toth. Maybe some day....

3. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Screenwriter

PLAY DIRTY is actually an MGM property. So while Sony is, for now, not handling their product for DVD anymore, chances for this release have improved slightly. I don't know whether there will be new infrastructure at MGM's DVD department to pick up the slack; most of them were sacked when Sony took over.

4. Aki K

Aki K Agent

5. WadeM

WadeM Supporting Actor

On the front of the Sony Choice Collection DVD-R the poster says that it's rated R. On the back on the DVD, it says that it's rated PG. I pulled out Leonard Maltin's book, which says that it was PG edited from original R. Has the R rated version ever actually been released? What was edited out?

6. t1g3r5fan

t1g3r5fan Second Unit

Mychal Bowden
    Mill Creek recently included it on a 4 film set with The Last Time I Saw Paris, Doctor Faustus, and The Driver's Seat. Don't know about the quality of it, but it's there for those who didn't pick up the MOD of it.

WadeM likes this.
  7. WadeM

WadeM Supporting Actor

Oh, I was looking for a decent quality version of Driver's Seat. I haven't seen it and from what I've read it's bad, but I've been curious to watch it.