"X-Play" on DVD?

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
For those who do not know what X-Play is, it's a cable TV show that reviews video games for the consoles & PC. It's a 30 minute program and the reviews are humorous as are the 2 hosts, Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb. The show can be seen on the G4 channel and has been on the air since 2003. It's quite addictive.

Anyway, have there been any rumors of "X-Play" getting a DVD release? I know it's a longshot, but I'd love to see it happen.

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/index.html

Bill GrandPre

Senior HTF Member
I'm fairly certain that clearing the video game footage would be a similar nightmare to clearing any film or music rights.

It's too bad, there was a short-lived show called "Dave & Steve's Videogame Explosion" that was vastly superior to "X-Play". "Dave" was David Mandel (known for his work as a writer on "Clerks (The Cartoon)", "SNL" and "Seinfeld") and "Steve" was Steve Lookner (who also worked on "Clerks" and "SNL" with Mandel).

That show only lasted a handful of episodes and I've often wished it was on DVD but I know that it's really not in the cards. "X-Play" is about a hundred times more well-known than "D&SVE" but I really think the video game footage obstacle will keep them (and any other similar programming) from getting a DVD release.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaMovieMaestro