X Men Question...

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by DeathStar1, Mar 9, 2004.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I'm really starting to like X Men Evo, after never really caring for the franchise before, and it's gotten me wondering two things..

One, Any websites with pictures of the voice actors? I'm always interested in the history of the VA's and the faces in any series I enjoy.

And Two, Was the original X-Men series this fun? I don't think I've seen a single episode, or if I did, it's been long forgotten. If this ever makes it into DVD, I'm wondering if Ishould check it out..

Thanks [​IMG]

2. James T

James T Screenwriter

I loved the original series and watched it regularly. The new series is just okay IMO. It's a superhero show aimed at the younger audience. Started with Batman Beyond, Spider-man Unlimited, X-men Evolution and now Teen Titans. The best comparison is if you enjoyed Batman Beyond, you probably liked the original series even more. That will give you an idea of what to expect with the 90s X-men.Same with Spider-man, and Teen Titans.

The voice actors, I believe did interviews for the DVDs. I don't know of any websites, but I'm sure they're plenty.

3. Scott Burke

Scott Burke Second Unit

Scott B.
    I loved the original series. I still have one on tape. I would love for these to be released as season sets on DVD.

4. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I love the original X-men show and I have a bunch of episodes on tape & DVD.

I also love Spider-man: TAS, Batman: TAS, Batman: Beyond, Teen Titans and Justice League.
    I never saw Superman: TAS during it's run, but I plan on getting the box sets. [​IMG]

I watched a few episodes of X-men Evolution and couldn't get into it. Never saw Spider-man: Unlimited either.

5. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    I used to watch the original X-Men cartoon in graduate school. It was a lot of fun, though it suffered at time self-important-monologue-itis. Various characters, particularly Professor X and Storm, would periodically give overly dramatic monologues. This is part of why I enjoyed The Tick so much back then -- it parodied the overwrought speeches of The X-Men.

The X-Men theme song was also really good. I find myself humming it from time to time.

6. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I for one, hated the original series. A friend kept trying to get me to watch it and I never could make it through a single episode.

Terrible art/animation and terrible voice acting.

7. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

I liked the original and Evolution has grown on me. I remember watching a couple months back on Cartoon Network and they were doing an Apocalypse story line. I believe it ended with Magneto defeating some spider-like guardian who actually was trying to prevent Apocalypse from coming into being. After that episode the show either changed time slots or started back from the beginning. Was that the end of the latest season? Is there another season in the works?

8. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

And it got even worse towards the end of the series.

9. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    They had a full arc dealing with Apocalypse, and I personally thought it was wonderful. Beyond that, X-Men Evolution has dissapeared off the WB and there are no signs it will be returning.

10. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

I actually liked what I saw of Evolution. It was a nice way of putting a new twist on these characters, while basically staying true to them. I don't like all the voice actors (Prof. X and Wolvie in particular), but for the most part they seem to do a good job.

Jason

11. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Does CN only have rights to the first 39 episodes? Seems they are repeating from the begining. Not that I mind since I havn't seen it, but I'd rather see the rest of the eps first [​IMG].

12. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

CN does this for long series. They've been doing it with Inuyasha for a while now...

Jason