What's new

"X-Men Origins: First Class" (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by JonZ

So now this film has a release date June3, 2011, which is only 13 months away.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44941

I'd say there is pretty much no way it makes that release.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Casting is now fast and furious. Nicholous Hoult will play Beast:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/07/x-men-first-class-finds-a-beast-in-nicholas-hoult/

Landry Jones as Banshee:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/07/another-mutant-cast-as-caleb-landry-jones-plays-banshee/

Also cast:

James McAvoy (Xavier), Michael Fassbender (Magneto) and Alice Eve (Emma Frost)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The choice of Banshee is a suprise, but not someone Im excited to see. There are more interesting mutants that can be used - Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Havok,Thunderbird, Sunfire.....

I would love to see Havoks power displayed on film.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
According to Dark Horizons Lucas Till is Havok and Kevin Bacon is in talks to play a villian.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Theres alot of info coming out about this the past 2 weeks as filming starts at the end of the month, including Janurary Jones and Zoe Kravitz being cast.

Heres a report from AICN:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46217

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

The choice of Banshee is a suprise, but not someone Im excited to see. There are more interesting mutants that can be used - Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Havok,Thunderbird, Sunfire.....

I would love to see Havoks power displayed on film.

I like Banshee in the old comics. Too bad they are making him so young. In the X-Men comics he always came across as an older guy who had been around the world a bit doing other things (he was Interpol if I recall). He balanced out the newbies of the time. I agree that Havok would be much cooler. Sunfire brought in for attitude for sure.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

My list would be like this:

The Dark Knight
Superman
Batman Begins
Spiderman2
Xmen2
Watchmen Dir Cut
Superman Returns
Iron Man
The Rocketeer (which Im STILL waiting for a decent HV release of)
Spiderman

Greg, dont forget about Road To Perdition.

Will we get a good ROCKETEER after CAPTAIN AMERICA next year since they share directors? I certainly hope so. This is an often forgetting gem from the 80's that captured comics better than most even today. Great stuff.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Sam Favate

Sounds good. Takes place in the 60s and has a James Bond "look" to it. This went from one I was vaguely interested in to one I want to check out. Still wish the cast of characters mirrored the original book though.

That is outstanding. I was just thinking about this regarding the Fantastic Four franchise, too. I was looking at a cover I have from issue 1 on the wall and thought that would make for a nice re-boot of that franchise. To do it with X-Men would be too freaking cool. I know comics write their stories as if they were happening "right now" but sometimes it would be nice to do them in the periods they originated. 60's for most iconic Marvel comics, 40's for DC stuff like Supes and Batman, etc. Hell, I remember Tarantino mouthing off about if he had the chance to do a Bond movie he would do it retro, too. That would be too cool.

Thanks for the link! My excitment ramped up for this, too.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
The article mentions:

"One thing's for sure: First Class is abandoning the continuity of the first three movies (hell, that already went out the window with X-Men Origins: Wolverine), but we'll either get something either very cool or even more muddled in return."

If they are not going to follow continuity with the first films, why on earth would they not go ahead and "mirror" the characters from the original comics as Sam said?

For whatever reason, some of the people producing these comic book movies feel compelled to ignore and / or change nearly 50 years of story-lines for a single movie. This has happened over and over in the Spider-man and X-men movies.

Those unfamiliar with the material don't notice the changes. But the fans, those that are familiar, could be even bigger advocates. Why not at least satisfy your advocates? It makes no sense to me.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
It's called an "adaption." The idea these movies could, much less should, create some linear mirror of decades of stories from the comics is silly.

Last I checked the comics were doing this even to themselves.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't care about story continuity, but having the first class be the first class--Scott, Jean, Bobby, Warren, Hank--would have been nice. Not that I'm dismissing the movie because of the changes. It wasn't even on my radar until I learned it was a period piece. That raises the interest level a bit.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
If this is real, Fox really needs to hire some new artists.

http://www.dailyblam.com/sites/all/files/imagecache/watermark/news/images/xfirstclass1.jpg

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
It is real, plus a few new pics.....

Banshee, Magneto, Mystique,Moira McTaggert,Hank McCoy, Xavier, Havok

Shaw and Frost

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

If this is real, Fox really needs to hire some new artists.

http://www.dailyblam.com/sites/all/files/imagecache/watermark/news/images/xfirstclass1.jpg

Remember it is a period piece. That's the 1960s. I like that they're incorporating the canary yellow that I guess is from the comic strip.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea was commenting more on being disappointed the first look was such a bad photoshop job. I like the stills although.

Just released the first poster...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
No, it's a guy who watched so much Kevin Bacon that he turned into Kevin Bacon. [SIZE= 8px]Yes, it's him.[/SIZE]

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Kevin Bacon = Sebastian Shaw

January Jones = Emma Frost

Heres a interview with Bacon about X:FC

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/01/19/interview-kevin-bacon-x-men-first-class/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks