What's new

X-Men Legends (1 Viewer)

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
i have been hearing for a comicbook game (most suck) this is a surprisingly good rpg.

thoughts...

James T

Screenwriter
I would like to respond, but my video store is always out of this game.

I'm a big comic fan, but like you said, most comic games suck, so I'm not about to blind buy it.

What type of game is it similar to?

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
If you have a friend or three to play it with, I highly recommend it. My friend and I went through it co-op from start to finish and had a great time. Took just over 20 hours, so it's pretty long.

The only parts that drag it down are the mansion bits, where only one player can play and it's basically just searching for a particular mutant.

I wouldn't buy it, since there's almost no replay value (only new costumes, after you beat it). It's well worth a week-long rental.

It's an RPG with real-time fighting. It's a good mix.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
I bought it release day, and had some great fun with it, BUT only when I had 2 friends playing with me. Single player is boring, dragged out, and your computer controlled teammates are real dumbasses.

It is great fun timing combo's, planning the skill tree so your group has the best attributes and working together. Keep in mind it WILL cause a lot of strife when you have a friend who insists on falling into every damn pit and draining all your cash resserecting him, or believes COlossus is an invincible tank and can gulp down 12-15 potions in a 45 second period, all the while sucking it up.

But I'm not bitter.

All in all, it was worth the 25 hours or so we put into it, as we had a blast, but with zero replay value, I traded it in towards a Halo 2 pre-order.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Wouldn't mind renting this just to tool around and relive my comic book days when I collected X-Men.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
I think this game is a lot of fun. I agree with previous posts though that say it is most fun when played with other people. It's not the same game in single player.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I was excited about this until I read the reviews. I heard "X-Men RPG" originally, and expected something like KOTOR with mutants. Turns out it's more Hunter: The Reckoning with mutants... Not really what I was interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks