X-men Collection packaging

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Vince Butler, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Vince Butler

Vince Butler Agent

I picked up X2 when it was released, and was more then a little annoyed that it came in a keepcase. While I prefer them, my X-Men 1.5 is in a digipak and they just don't look right sitting next to each other on the shelf (yes, I'm anal).

Anyway, I spotted the X-Men 4-disc Collection thingie in the store today and was wondering how it was packaged - is it just the two existing DVDs releases in a box or did they fancy up the packaging to make them fit together nicer?

My apologies if the answer has already been posted - I did some searching and couldn't find an answer...

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I think in the 2-pack, they are both in the same type of case...though I don't remember what kind. I was actually a little mad as well when I saw X2 came in a keepcase. I was hoping for some packaging consistency.

3. MarkBurton

MarkBurton Second Unit

The 2 pack comes in one big cardboard foldout case (ala X-Files, Simpsons, or Alien Quadrilogy). Personally, I had made my own keepcase for the first X-Men movie, so I was glad to see X2 come in a keepcase.

4. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

In the two-pack, is it x-men 1.5 and x-men 2, or is it the regular cut of the first movie?

5. Dean_Jonesy

Dean_Jonesy Agent

I believe it is 1.5 and X2.

I was upset since I asked for X2 for Christmas. I would really like this box set and I don't have 1.5 only the first edition. Not sure how I fix this cause I really want 1.5 instead, I just hated the title 1.5 and its packaging. But with the box set of both it corrects my minor gripes with 1.5.

6. KyleK

KyleK Second Unit

Both the original and "1.5" are the exact same cut of the movie.

Kyle[​IMG]

7. Jason*C

Jason*C Extra

It has both X-men 1.5 and X-men 2. Its a fold out digipak like Aliens Quad.

8. Lanny_B

Lanny_B Second Unit

I'm still debating whether to just get the 2-movie Collection right now (since I don't own either), or just wait for the trilogy.

Along similar lines of thought, I didn't buy the Matrix Reloaded and am considering selling my Matrix DVD so I can just buy the box set later.

9. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

Well since X3 isn't due until 2006, I would buy them now. If they do release them in a 3-pack, they will probably just box the current editions together. Bryan Singer even apologises about releasing X-Men 1 twice. I had the original X-Men disc but opted for the Collection Set because I didn't own 1.5. Good deal in my book.