X-men '92-97' Animated Series

Discussion in 'DVD' started by James Davis, May 8, 2003.

1. James Davis

James Davis Agent

Will this show see or have a chance to see season by season releases on DVD? I searched TVshowsondvd.com and saw 4 different dvds that were collections on subject, but 3 of them are oop.

2. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I think it would do pretty good in season set format, but Disney seems to disagree. [​IMG]
    It's kind of sad too, because it was pretty damn good and most people that watched it were fans of the comic and would love to have it in season sets.

3. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

I'd certainly buy it...those were some great shows!

4. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

The show was very serialized, so best of's won't cut it. AFAIK, Disney has not released season sets of anything thus far. That's been the domain of Paramount, Artisan, Fox, WB, Anchor Bay and Columbia. Basically all the other studios.

5. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

With X2 being released, I know I've seen some guys selling dubs and VCDs from the original broadcast. I normally wouldn't condone such behavior, but since Disney seems set on releasing themed discs, I've been tempted myself to get them.

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

there is something in the distribution contract that only allows a certain number of eps to be released to video.

7. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

8. Aaron Cohen

Aaron Cohen Second Unit

I really loved the whole Pheonix Saga and Dark Pheonix Saga sets of episodes. They were really great and brought back great memories from the comics. I belive I saw a dvd of the Pheonix Saga on a store shelve a while back. It's too bad there aren't season sets though. I would buy them in an instant. Anyone else have those VHS tapes they sold at Pizza Hut with a Kid's Meal back 9 years ago or so?

9. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Aaron: I do. I loved that show, it was incredible. I would be first in line to buy the season sets, if they were ever to come out.

10. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I'd buy it too. I've got some great memories of watching that show.

11. Kevin_M_M

Kevin_M_M Stunt Coordinator

i'm currently rewatching some really crappy vhs copies of this show after x2 got me x-men crazy. forgot what a good cartoon it was. season sets are a must!!!

12. Shaun

Shaun Second Unit

I loved this series too. I don't have the VHS tapes that were released by Pizza Hut or sold at stores, but I remember getting up every Saturday morning to tape each episode. I have every single episode taped and I watched all of them when the first X-Men movie came out and when X2 came out.

13. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

I'd buy these in a heartbeat for me and my 3-year-old.

Beuna Vista has released a few season sets of different shows (Sports Night, Filicity). Hopefully one of these days we'll see X-Men. Of course, if an $85 million opening weekend doesn't convince them there's a market for X-Men, nothing will.

14. Terry St

Terry St Second Unit

15. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Saban did the original animation, and this was their contract with Universal for video distribution on the title. It's a Saban company policy which would stand with Dinsey as well, because they feel it erodes the property

16. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

So thiws means we probably won't be getting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation either?