What's new

X-Men 2 "official" release information with artwork, released September 12th with DTS (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Sorry if the subject got you too excited, it's actually Fox Japan.

I just got fed up with that rumour thread about fake artwork and thought someone might want to see something official.

You can order it from amazon.jp if you like for 2805 Yen.

here's a LINK

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah. You did get for a second.

I don't see what the problem with releasing it here with DTS. Brian Singer stated that when the first movie came to dvd, he wanted to add DTS. But I guess because of time and money, not to mention FOX basically rushed the whole project to begin with; they didn't put it on the first dvd. So why would FOX re-release the first one with DTS, and not put it on the second? That would not make sense to me, but what do I know.

RF

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I thought Singer pulled DTS on the first release to save space and keep the video bit-rate high.

I could be wrong, but I definitely remember hearing that.

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
BTW, nothing personnal against the thread initiator but this is indeed occurring more and more. Maybe we should start a thread on the HTF feedback area...

Cheers,

Vincent

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
From the Digital Bits:

To start with, this is the confirmed DVD art that Fox is using for the Japanese release of X-Men 2, which streets on 9/12. We know the release will be a 2-disc set here in the States, and it's expected to have both Dolby Digital and DTS sound, but we'll have to wait a couple more weeks for an official announcement. No word yet on whether the art and street date will remain the same in R1, but they ought to be close, if not identical.
Guess we'll find out in a few weeks. :)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Help I've fallen into yet ANOTHER thread trap! :angry:

Why is it taking so long? Most of the May films have been announced (Matrix, Daddy Day Care, and Bruce Almighty). so what's holding this one up?:angry:

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
It looks like the rumored Sep 30 date (& Sep 16) may not come through now that the UK Reg 2 version has been announced for Nov 24 and as it came out at the cinema the same time in UK & USA, I would suspect the DVD will, it often works out that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks