X-Men 2 extended edition DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by KyleRoussel, Jan 1, 2004.

1. KyleRoussel

KyleRoussel Stunt Coordinator

A friend of mine was saying that an extended edition was due to come out in the spring of '04. Has anyone heard about this, because when he told me he had no proof or source so I'm a little skeptical. I was going to buy the regular edition tomorrow, but not if there's an extended edition in the works due out later this year.

2. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

I would believe there to be an extended edition because the editing in the theatrical release just doesn't cover everything it should. Too many plot holes and parts that seem skipped-over. As for anything rumoured or official, I have no idea.

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

There is no extended edition in the works...at least officially. Regardless, I don't think there's one coming...Singer never mentioned it and neither has Fox.

4. Clay-F

Clay-F Stunt Coordinator

I dont want to see an extended of X2 for several years.

I think thats just a bad way to threat customers. With the LOTR movies we knew that the EE's were coming so you could skip the 2 disc set if you wanted.

5. TomWoodward

TomWoodward Second Unit

I think he might be getting confused with Daredevil, should be a director's cut coming out around April

6. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

Yeah, I would think Daredevil too. Plus X2 was about 2 hours and 20 minutes and the pacing seemed really great.

7. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

if there will be one, it won't be til probably X3

8. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    I would also say it was probably Daredevil your friend was thinking about. Singer has said several times, that he doesn't like doing multiple DVD editions of movies in a short period of time, and that he felt guilty that they had to do it with the first X-Men.

I'd say go for the current X2; it's got some good stuff on it.

9. JohnAP

JohnAP Second Unit

Yeah, sounds like Daredevil Director's Cut. I know they had to cut a bunch of stuff they wanted to get a PG-13 for the theatrical release which is going back in. Unfortunately, I don't think there's much they could do to turn that into a good movie. Actually, I take that back - replacing the awful modern rock soundtrack with a score would help a lot.

X-Men 2 really doesn't need an extended edition. It was perfect the way it was and added scenes would just throw off the pacing.

10. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

I enjoyed X-men 2 and I will get the Daredevil extended cut

[​IMG]

11. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Producer

They are going to market an extended edition named X-Men 2.5 and of course when it comes out you will see that it’s exactly the same as the theatrical cut!

12. Rocky F

Rocky F Second Unit

I could of course be proven wrong, but I really don't think that there will be an X 2.5. Like others have said, Bryan Singer apologized for X-Men 1.5 on it's intro. Also, there is another thread with people talking about the lack of important info on any deleted scenes. On the first film, anyone who kept up with the production knew that that was a longer, earlier cut of the film, but I saw no evidence of that for this film. I don't think enough stuff had to be cut to warrant a re-edit.