What's new

X-Men 1.5: Audio Pop? (1 Viewer)

Jack Johnson

Second Unit
I wonder if anyone who owns the X-Men 1.5 dvd could cue up their copy and listen for an audio pop at the 1:28:00 mark (give or take a second) on the DD 5.1 track.

My dvd had a hairline scratch at the time of purchase, and I assumed it wouldn't affect playback; now I'm not so sure.

Also, I can hear a tearing sound on the director's commentary track at 1:27:57. I was unable to check the DTS option, since my system doesn't support it...

I may opt to replace my disk if this isn't a universal issue. But then it's a very minor issue, less obtrusive than a layer switch...so I'll think about sticking with it.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
I didn't notice it. SOrry. HEY! are you THE Jack Johnson? Yeah, sorry. My name is Jake Johnson so I always get asked if I'm related to Jack Johnson. Nevedrmind. This is about dvd's. I have officially crapped all over this thread.

Britton

Screenwriter
What scene is this during? I remember that there was some strange popping noises on my copy of the original DVD that came out in 2000 during the part when Magneto activates the mutant machine right after Storm and Jean Grey levitate Wolverine atop it. I checked a friend's copy and it too had the popping noises. However, I did not notice the popping noise on the DTS track of X-Men 1.5.

Jack Johnson

Second Unit
Thanks for checking, guys.

I just listened to this again at the computer, and it's actually very hard to hear...so I don't know what I'm getting so bunged up about. My guess is it's a minor imperfection in the source materials.

As for the scene, it covers the action as Wolverine allows Rogue to tap his regenerative powers after she's been drained by Magneto's mutant-ray Thingie: close-up on Wolverine as lesions form on his face, the camera pans aound to his back. We see blood trickling down his jacket...then, "pop". Or, more accurately, it's an instant of garbling or drop in pitch. (see my previous post for exact times)

DVD breeds an almost pathological perfectionism; Maybe learning to live with this will be good therapy for me?

--Jack

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I listened to it about half a dozen times, increasing the volume a little each time, and didn't hear anything. All I could hear was the score, the lesions appearing, Wolverine and Rogue gasping/breathing and the trickle of the blood; no dropout.

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks