X-Files to take on Survivor

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

The series/season finale for the X-Files is going head-to-head against the season finale of Survivor: The Marquesas on May 19th at 8 p.m. EST.

I thought it was rather bizarre programming by Fox, but I guess they think they can make a dent in the ratings of Survivor with the series ending episodes of X-Files.

2. Dave Schofield

Dave Schofield Second Unit

This is probably the series finale (well, for a few years anyway) of Survivor too...

3. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Damn, you can tell I was not fully awake when I posted the info (I'm doing the 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. shift at work this week, and mornings are just brutal for me), I meant a strange choice for CBS putting Survivor, usually on Thursday against X-Files, normally on Sundays.

Need...more...caffeine...

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

PErsonally, I don't care what they put it against. Sometimes it seems like the programming people have never heard of these things called VCR's, TiVo and ReplayTV, you know, where you can watch one thing while taping another.

I'd watch Survivor live of course, and tape the other.

/Mike

6. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

7. Mark Wolverton

Mark Wolverton Stunt Coordinator

So, people actually watch these shows like survivor? I guess they do because there are so many of them, but what is the attraction? I don't get it. Don't you get to see enough of that exact same thing in everyday life? I guess people like watching people be cruel and get rid of the weaker ones as opposed to trying to livr together and make thee world a better place. Nah! that wouldn't be interesting, lets defile, demean and degrade as much as we can.

Oops! just rambling. You know thinking outloud. Who cares anyways.