X Files Series In Widescreen ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Simon Massey, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer

Simon Massey
    Potentially good news for release of remaining seasons in widescreen on both R1 and R2
    Over here in UK, they released Deadalive (2 parter from Season 8) on DVD, but it was full screen. A lot of fans complained, and I don't think it sold that well.
    They are now releasing the 2 part finale to Season 8 in November, and have just announced that it will be in anamorphic widescreen.
    I know this is an R2 release, but it looks like Fox are listening, and I am optimistic that the remaining seasons after 4, in R1, will be in widescreen (though I am not sure if season 5 was shot in widescreen, but I know 6 onwards is).

2. Mark Kalzer

Mark Kalzer Second Unit

Good news! FOX already stated that they'll be putting out The X-Files in anamorphic widescreen when they hit season 6, the season that is believed to have been the first to be shot widescreen!

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

It has already been stated that the X-Files DVDs will go to widescreen here in R1 when they get to the season where the show started filming in that ratio...Season 5, if I recall correctly. I wonder why the ever gypped you guys in R2? It happens all the time, tho'. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis
    [​IMG]
    Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
    Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
    Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.
    http://www.miami.com/herald/content/...ocs/000565.htm