X-Files Series 7 Glitch

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Mark Cappelletty, May 22, 2003.

1. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

I just got the latest X-Files box set (season 7) and have gone through two sets because of a glitch on disc 2, the episode titled "The Goldberg Variations." While the glitch is in different spots on the different discs, it is a repeatable problem involving pixilation and screen-freezing. Both freezes involve that episode.

The DVD has the "coffee stain" some have mentioned on some single-layer disc, but this is the first time I've seen it on a dual-layer one. Anyone else have problems with this? I bought it -- and replaced it -- at the Fox Studio Store in Century City and don't want to have to go back a THIRD time.

2. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

Mine played fine on a Philips 793C.

3. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

It's definitely a disc and not a player error. All the other discs play fine in my Sony 550 and my 17" iMac Superdrive.

4. Joseph_mx

Joseph_mx Stunt Coordinator

Mine played just perfect. I guess your problem is the player and not the disc.

5. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

Unfortunately, quality control with the xfiles box sets is of a low order. I have had bad problems with episodes in previous sets. For whatever reason, there seem to bad batches that show up. Season 7 plays fine for me, so far, but, based on past experience, if a problem is repeatable, as they were in my instances, the disc is in question and not the player.