What's new

X-Files Series 7 Glitch (1 Viewer)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I just got the latest X-Files box set (season 7) and have gone through two sets because of a glitch on disc 2, the episode titled "The Goldberg Variations." While the glitch is in different spots on the different discs, it is a repeatable problem involving pixilation and screen-freezing. Both freezes involve that episode.

The DVD has the "coffee stain" some have mentioned on some single-layer disc, but this is the first time I've seen it on a dual-layer one. Anyone else have problems with this? I bought it -- and replaced it -- at the Fox Studio Store in Century City and don't want to have to go back a THIRD time.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
It's definitely a disc and not a player error. All the other discs play fine in my Sony 550 and my 17" iMac Superdrive.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Unfortunately, quality control with the xfiles box sets is of a low order. I have had bad problems with episodes in previous sets. For whatever reason, there seem to bad batches that show up. Season 7 plays fine for me, so far, but, based on past experience, if a problem is repeatable, as they were in my instances, the disc is in question and not the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks