X-Files - Season 9 opener

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Caught a commercial for the Nov. 2nd premiere of the X-Files, and it seems that this season's early shows will deal with Scully's baby (appeared to be kidnapped) being not so normal as we were led to believe by the end of last season.
    Any speculations (beside the usual thread-crapping variety that this show should have ended 3 years ago)?
    ------------------
    PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; LDs

2. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I'd guess that they'll keep the "is the baby normal or not?"-plot going for a long time, make it really confusing, and then let us know that, yes, everything is normal...
    I'm mostly curious about how are they going to keep Mulder out of the picture.
    /Mike

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Haven't seen any ads yet, but I am looking forward to seeing what they do with the show now that it is well and truly Patrick & Gish's without the mumbling distraction hanging around. I certainly hope they don't beat the "Scully's baby" thing into the ground, though - it would just become one more messy, poorly-plotted facet of TV's worst macrostory.
    You know what would be neat? If they swung the pendulum around and started doing stories almost "Law & Order"-esque in their self-containment. Scully, Doggett, and Reyes show up, solve the case, and go home, in the process telling a story with a beginning, middle, and end.
    And let Doggett (the one folks just meeting the trio would call "The Sane Guy") be right every once in a while. [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Jason Seaver on October 01, 2001 at 11:01 AM]

4. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    The "X-Files" does have many episodes seperate of the mythology and their own beginning middle and end. The mythology ususally only accounts for at best a third of the season.
    And if you're looking for an ending to the monster episodes as resolute as the monster is dead, that would ruin the whole concept of the show. They always end with the idea that the horror isn't over, and that ir may be coming after YOU next.
    As far as Scully's baby goes, I think there's more to the fact that all those alien thingees left Scully with her baby, and that Krycheck wanted it killed. It just seems that the aliens were interested in protecting it although it appeared as if they wanted it dead -- so Scully's baby should be really interesting.

5. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

I just wish that Gillian Anderson was released from her contract so that Robert Patrick, Annabell Gish and Mitch Pileggi can take the spotlight.
    These guys are great on screen and are more than able to carry an episodes; too bad they have to drag Scully through another season.

6. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Am I missing something? How can they do the X-Files without Mulder? Wasn't he, like, the main character? The X-Files is his crusade, his mission. I dunno, maybe it's time to put this show to sleep. Last season bored me to tears, and I probably won't be watching it this season.

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

8. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul