What's new

X-Files Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Lloyd White

Stunt Coordinator
I am definetly buying all the seasons they make of X-files. Season 7 had been the weakest with the number of lighthearted "humor" episodes, and gimmicky stuff like the Xfiles on Cops episode. Still buying it cause there was still plenty of good episodes, and a few great ones. Season 8 turned that around quickly with the humor episodes totally gone with seriousess and intensity in abundance. I've always knew the typcasted Robert Patrick was a very good actor and was pleased to all heck that he came onto the series.

I'll never get tired of Scully acting with such passion usually reserved for Mulder. Gillian Anderson really showed her acting skills in Season 8. Too bad nobody noticed. Xfiles is one of those shows that rarely has a bad episode. Even the worst episodes are decent and are worth watching. That's why these season sets are so great.

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
I'll be buying all of the them. Ive already got 1-4 and will continue to buy them until I have them all. I think all of the seasons have been fantastic.

Mike Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
Donny_G Im with you, I shall be buying all the seasons even though the seventh season in my oppions was last really good season. I like Agents Dogget and Reyes but I like others have loyalty to Mulder and Sculley. And once again I will say it, after season 8 the should have ended the TV show and Killed the series with another movie.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Just thought of something. Seasons 5 and later have 20-22 episodes each. This means the sets from here on out should be 6 discs, and somewhat cheaper, right??

From the official site:
http://www.thex-files.com/news/
Season Five will be released on DVD on May 14, 2002 in North America. All episodes from The X-Files fifth season are compiled on six dual-layered discs and are available in anamorphic widescreen (aspect ratio 1.78:1), a first for any of our DVD Collections. Each episode is presented with English and French Dolby Surround sound and English and Spanish subtitles.
Yes it's 6 discs set.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
I think there will be some person out there complaining that there are black bars on the screen, when there were non when they first aired.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't the sound for Season 5 on up mixed with 5.1 surround in mind?? You'd think so since the show has always pushed the envelope for surround sound given the TV's audio medium they've had to work with: Dolby Surround via MTS stereo, and now the possibility of 5.1 discrete. X-Files episodes in the past have won Emmys for best television sound...

Is Fox not digging through their archives and only releasing the broadcast's soundtrack version?

We need answers from the sound guys on the show. Anyone know how to contact them?

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks