What's new

X-Files Season 5 DVD Box set $70.98 + shipping (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Over at Link Removed, they are offering pre-orders for the X-Files Season 5 DVD box set for $70.98US ($114.99Cdn) plus shipping (usually around $5 or so).
I've order all of my X-Files boxed sets through them, and while it's true that they had a weird problem with the Season 4 sets (some of was "attributable" to 9/11/01), TAU did make good and send me and others replacement sets that were "lost in the mail". If you must have this DVD set on the day of release, don't order it from here, it'll take until the end of the week of release for it to show up for US addresses if history repeats itself, but for the savings involved, I don't mind the wait.

Terry H

Second Unit
I had a terrible experience with these guys. I placed an order and it's status was "pending" for nearly two months. When it became clear it was not going to ship I called several times (no answer)and emailed (no reply), in a vain attempt to cancel the order. Nearly two months later I got a shipping notice and it arrived on my doorstep in a week. I thought an October order would arrive in plenty of time for Christmas. I was wrong. The package shipped quickly once it shipped so I do not attribute the delay to anyone or anything other than Total Action Universe (TAU). I could understand them running out of stock but my inability to cancel the order and their total lack of response left me cold. It seems that once they have your order you are locked in, no matter how long it takes.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you have a gripe, post it in the "retailer feedback" area. Just to add my 2 cents, I've never had a problem reaching them by phone, but I know others claim to have this problem, so it's strange, but there you go. Again, post the gripes elsewhere, please.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I got my X-files season 4 from them late as a result of video game launch week confusion. I'll give them another try for Season 5. Don't mind waiting for the price, and I need to get Philospher's Stone anyway.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, the X-Files Season 5 link is the "Total Action Universe" link in my first post in this thread.

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
I tried ordering from these guys but everytime I place an item in my shopping basket it comes up at the Canadian price $114.99. How do you get the U.S. Price of $70.98?

Thanks ,

Chris Sherman

James D

Second Unit
Chris-TAU charges you in Canadian dollars and your credit card company will do the conversion into American dollars. So, when you check out, it will be listed in Canadian dollars. On the product description page, TAU lists what the amount will be in US dollars. You can also go to http://www.xe.com to calculate the exchange rates.

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
Thanks James,

I'm going to order right now. I appreciate the quick response . I've ordered from North American and Direct video before , both in Canada, and they charge in U.S. dollars .

Chris

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
Once my order has been "filled", is there a ballpark idea on how long it is going to take to get to me? My order was filled on the 9th, and I haven't received anything yet.

Just checking in to see if anyone else had received anything from the folks.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen mine yet. It was 2 weeks last Thursday, and people much farther away have gotten their sets

I'm going to call my post office if I don't see it today, see if it's just sitting around there somewhere and they forgot to leave me the "You have a package" card, or I have to call TAU

Sigh

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
It took almost six weeks for my Season 4 disks to arrive from TAU, according to them because they had a shipment go missing. I was willing to give them another chance and tried to order Season 5 from them but I could never get the website to work. I tried calling and always got a busy signal. Then someone posted here that another Canadian company, DVDMode.com was selling Season 5 for $68 + shipping and that it was a great company. So I ordered from them. They shipped on May 12 and the set arrived in my mailbox on 5/16. Guess who has my Canadian business from here on out? :D
Deborah

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
What do you know......

After posting yesterday morning, I arrive home after work and find my X-Files season five waiting for me. I guess I should have been a little more patient. It arrived packed nicely with a hand-written thank you note.

I just wanted to let people know to ease their worries a bit.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I received mine yesterday. Now I can finish watching Season 4 in peace.

It's also nice to know that I don't have to worry about a season 5 cliffhanger, as I've got Fight the Future waiting for me when it's done.

Interestingly, after watching the X-files finale (after missing the last 2 seasons) I find myself thinking that my X-files set may stop at Season 7. The finale was unfortunate, and I prefer to have the season finale of Season 7 as the series finale, personally. The completist in me may fight it though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
John, whichever season that ended with Mulder and Scully, and William between them is the one I'll end my collection on. Was that Season 7 or Season 8? I can't remember.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
If William is the baby's name, then season 8 it is. I thought that episode, and moreso, that scene would also have ended the series well, but I tired of the season with missing Mulder.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Just for the record, I don't really have a gripe with TAU -- at least not a big enough one to post negative feedback in the Retailer section. They did make good for me on my Season 4 and I did manage to reach them by phone when my set was missing. I don't think they are out to cheat anyone, but I do get frustrated with websites that don't function and the like (I must have tried to order Season 5 from them at least eight times, and with 2 different browsers) and their phone was always busy any time I tried to call. My experience with DVDmode was completely flawless and easy so I thought they deserved the plug I gave them. None-the-less, for me price is the bottom line. If TAU offers Season 6 for a lot less than DVDmode, I will brave all this again and try to buy from them.

Deborah

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks