What's new

X-Files Season 4: Anyone gotten from TAU yet? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I realize this was in Coupons, but I'm starting to get worried. It's now been roughly 10 days since the box shipped, and I haven't seen any cries of triumph in the other thread, so I figured we needed to see this in the most public area. Just make me feel better and say you got it :)

Tim Travis

Agent
I haven't gotten mine yet either. It supposedly shipped on the 11th. So you are not the only one. I hope it gets here soon, I hate waiting for things that I see at best buy. At least it was cheaper :).

Tim

donovan_chin

Stunt Coordinator
I think that TAU is seriously backlogged. I have orders from a month ago (from the sale that they had) that are still pending.

John Fieldstadt

Stunt Coordinator
I received confirmation that it had been shipped on 11/9/01 (I ordered it 11/5/01) but have not yet received it. I also ordered Season 3 during the free shipping sale on 10/21/01 and have still not received notification that it has been shipped and it still shows as pending in my account. I am a bit concerned because they have not responded to my e-mail and they haven't even been answering the phone the last few days.
NOTE: A few weeks prior to the sale I ordered Season 1 and received it within 5 days of when I placed my order.
I would like to order from them again for the holidays but I'm not sure if I'll get my order in time. :frowning:

Ed Francisco

Stunt Coordinator
I received a shipping notice on the 11th as well, but still no sign of the discs. Do they have a customer service number we can call to find the status of our orders?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The sale dramatically slowed TAU's order fulfillment. My copy of Sopranos season 2 shipped just one day before street date (TAU usually ships earlier to account for the mailing delays), and arrived 2 weeks and a day later. I spoke to them in the interim and was told that they've received a lot of reports of shipments not yet arrived.

M.

John_McKittrick

Stunt Coordinator
You guys would be better off calling that 1-888-40-TOTAL and speak to the owner directly. My copy of XFILES season 4 shippied on the 13th. And I know that it takes at least 10 mailing days to get it to where I'm at (Las Vegas, NV). This is due to the crappy shipping and with the recent events it may take longer. They are in Canada after all. I'm hoping it will come today but I seriously doubt it.

John

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I also haven't received mine yet and it shipped on 11/09. The truth is, even it comes next week it's worth it to save close to $50. This part probably belongs in coupons but I also know they have the 4-disc Jurassic Park set up for $44.58, which is over $15 less than most other places, but if the X-Files S4 really takes two weeks to arrive, I don't think it will be worth it for the JP set.

Gil Jawetz

Stunt Coordinator
Mine also shipped on the 11th and hasn't arrived yet. Here's what they told me:

Dear Gil,

The normal shipping option was selected which is Canada Post air which turns into USPS air mail and provides no real-time tracking method. We were notified by U.S. Postal Service there may be a slow down in delivery due to the recent scares, or may have been held up by customs as part of a routine check. Please allow an additional week for delivery but if it still does not show we will open an enquiry/trace and of course have it replaced. We apologize for the inconvenience and if there is anything else in the meantime please contact us at anytime.

Thank you!

-Roy
I'll post if it turns up in today's mail. I really want to watch it over the long weekend!

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
When I called around last Thurdsay (15th), the fellow was unable to tell me the exact day it shipped! He said he thought it had gone at the start of the week.

No sign yet.

Bleddyn

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, they told me the same thing last week. They told me it showed shipped, but also couldn't tell me the day. I seriously think they are so backlogged that they aren't even doing the computer entries. I've never gotten a shipping notice on it, and I'm really starting to get ticked given that now I have to wait till FRIDAY to get it, and I'll have no time to watch it really :frowning: I'm going to call them again today, but I'm guessing that they all really did go out, and that since we all got cheap shipping (apparently) and the US Mail is running slow :frowning:
Jeff Kleist

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The only thing I got in the mail today was my paycheck. :)
So while I was disappointed in not getting my X-Files Season 4 DVD boxset from TAU, a paycheck is a paycheck.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT GOTTEN SHIPPING NOTICES:

I just talked to TAU, and they were shocked my order still showed P. Some checking, and they found out that it HAD NOT shipped. Anyone who still has not recieved notice should call them 1-877-40-TOTAL(tomorrow is NOT a holiday in Canada, so you should be fine), not email because that's wonky. They will upgrade you to Express shipping for free.

These people have been working round the clock for pretty much the last 2 weeks with 2 video game system launches, their free shipping weekend etc. We can cut them some slack.

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator
I got my shipping notice on 11/13, and my copy arrived in today's mail on the east coast (Mass.).

Greg

Gil Jawetz

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know if a shipping notice is a guarantee that it shipped? I got a shipping notice on the 11th and don't want to bug them if unneccesary. As I wrote above, I got an email saying shipping was taking a little extra time but I don't think they checked on my order specifically. Could it never have shipped?

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I received mine several days ago, & I've watched a few episodes. In a word GREAT! If a firm cannot handle the extra business that a special sale or promotion generates, then they should have them or should make sure they have enough bodies ahead of time. Nothing loses customers faster than poor service!

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Funny...I just picked up my boxed set of the 4th season today at A&B Sound...um...is it supposed to be out today, or next Tuesday?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks