What's new

X-Files Season 1 & 2 deleted?? (1 Viewer)

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
I've nearly finished watching all of Season 1 on DVD, and last night I went to order Season 2 from play.com. They didn't have it in stock, so I checked on Blackstar and they listed seasons 1 & 2 as deleted!. Several other sites weren't stocking it either.
I could find the region 1 set, but not the region 2. I've got a multiregion player, but as I've already got Season 1 on region 2 I wanted to continue with region 2.
Eventually found it at www.streetsonline.co.uk but I ended up paying a bit more than I wanted to.
Are these box sets only released for a fixed period, or are there plans to release a "Special Editon" boxset?
I'd better start saving for seasons 3 & 4 (and the rest of the TNG seasons :frowning: )

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Same thing with the Buffy sets for season 2 & 3. Strange. Anyone know what the deal is?

-Dave

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I think they're doing what they did with the VHS box sets. I bought seasons 1-3 when they first came out on tape and they where limited to 40,000 copies each. However I don't ever recall Fox mentioning this for the DVD releases. They did release the sets on tape again though so I wouldn't expect these to be gone permanently.
Richard
P.S. I sold my VHS sets when they went OOP and made a killing.:)

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
All these Fox boxsets are only on sale for a limited period (X Files, Buffy, Angel) therefore you should try and buy within 3 months of the release date. I have only been collecting the X Files and so far these have been numbered, however they do not have an upper limit on the number of copies, so may rerelease in the future but no guarantee of when.

I think the idea is that like Disney do retailers can only order from Fox for a fixed period (have never seen this defined unfortunately). Therefore after this has expired they can continue to sell any stock they have left but can not order any more. You are therefore dependant upon finding someone who still have stock left and you will probably need to buy at or close to RRP as all the cheap sources will sell out first.

Therefore don't wait buy each close to release.

I would also be careful with ST TNG boxsets as these are only for a limited period in the special packaging.

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Buffy season 1-3 have been re-released as of May 15:th, along with the release of season 4. If you check Blackstar, you'll see that they are once again available. I assume the same thing is happening with X-files...

The TNG issue is bothering me though, since I don't have money enough to buy them right now...

--Anders

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks