What's new

X-Files Jumps the Shark (4/21) (1 Viewer)

Jay W

Supporting Actor

Honorable demise for the Lone Gunmen, but I was a little dissapointed to see a pretty cliched end for these guys who had been an important part of the series for so long. A pretty blase episode, but I suppose it's significant for this reason.

I hope the final 4 episodes are a little truer to the series and reward long-time fans and not leave us holding our luggage at the end like a lot of recent promising episodes.
Patrick: A second X-files film is confirmed for 2004 in interviews with Chris Carter, though he indicates it will be more of a 'stand-alone' piece rather than trying to tie up loose ends (which we hopefully won't get too many of after the finale - "The Truth", which airs May 19th).

It is rumored that Jeffrey Spender would return for the finale (yes he was shot in the face) :) So that comment about people not staying dead is pretty valid.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
So when the boat blew up at the beginning: was that at that big pond they have at the Paramount/Universal lot with the sky backdrop? It looked totally fake.

//Ken

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
God damn it! Why did they have to go and kill them?

I am shocked!

Krycek is coming back? I missed that part.

Also, I have to admit, it was good seeing Mulder again. Even if it was for a few seconds during the next episodes previews.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I kept expecting the caskets to open at the end when everyone left. I don't think they will be dead for long. How better to fight secret government operatives if they think you are dead. ;)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Personally,I think the X-Files has Jumped the Shark (sucked) since the 5th Season

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I agree with the comments that they might not be dead after all (we didn't see them die), and that it would make perfect sense for them to have people believe they're dead. However, i would be very disappointed if they ARE alive and come back in a movie.

/Mike

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
well, i must admit i didn't think they were going to ace the lone gunmen. those guys are too cool for school.

but, the argument that nobody stays dead on this show is totally reasonable. with chris carter's whack stories, i could totally see him coming up with some hair-brained story to explain how the lone gunmen blah blah blah to blah blah blah...

however, as far as deaths go, i thought it was pretty cool. hopefully the last four episodes will not suck too hard...

ken - the pond you discuss at paramount is called "the b-tank". when it's not filled with water, it's used as a big blue parking lot! (i used to give tour's of the paramount lot when i lived in LA)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I am pained to agree with that Herc guy over at AICN. If they were going to kill them off, it would have been better a few episodes back protecting Scully's baby.

But, it still choked me up when they did.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Dear God! I'm constantly amazed at how terrible these last few episodes can be. Eve? Jimmy? That atrocious Lone Gunmen series with its horrific characters and plot lines should best be forgotten by everyone. Why kill these guys off? They're comic relief!

Sure, I understand that they were unlikely heroes, but the idea of not seeing them around for the finale or possible second movie disgusts me!

Krycek is coming back? Is a bullet to the head in an extremely cheesy execution sequence not enough for this series? Other second comings involved characters being killed off screen, or at least being shot in an area where its an extreme possibility they could surivive (Smoking Man).

Surprised to hear that Marita is coming back, as the actress who played her stated in an interview last year that she would probably be too busy with film work to be involved with the series anymore (she hasn't been on the show since season 7).

I wonder how the last 4 episodes are going to play out - with Duchovny at the helm of next week's installment, my expectations have marginally increased.

AllenD

Second Unit
I agree with the comments that they might not be dead after all
I can't believe they killed The Lone Gunmen! I choked up a bit, too. What's next, Scully's baby dies! :frowning: I might be in denial here but I think they'll be back. You really didn't see them die or even contract the virus. For all we know both of the walking time bombs in the ep. were just tests for the real thing. The closed casket ceremony could be a clue to that.
I also agree it would be a cliche to see them back and I would feel disappointed. It would feel like I were watching a day-time soap show!

David Egan

Stunt Coordinator
Another great episode! (I loved last week too) They went out with a bang, not a whimper and I think CC and the writers showed real guts.

But it's not like I don't think they've made mistakes and Krychek's death was one of them. Shot in the head in a parking garage? Yawn. If he returns I'll be even happier.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
It is always possible that the teaser shots of Krycek and Covarrubias were just clips from future flashback sequences. It wouldn't surprise me to see some kind of "previously on the X-Files" segment to remind everyone of the plot holes that Carter and Co. are choosing to fill in. Of course, if they just wanted to tease me they could have flashed shots of Mulder's sister, the original Deep Throat, and the boys from "Home". :)
Brad

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I liked the episode - if the Gunmen are dead, at least they died for a reason. That said, we never saw the bodies. So anything is possible...
Was I the only one who got a very strong Wrath Of Khan vibe off of the final scene with the Gunmen and Eve & Jimmy?? (Think Spock & Kirk.)
I also enjoyed the whole shark theme. I personally think the whole "jump the shark" thing has been so overdone - I was glad to see Carter poke it a little.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was glad the words "live long and prosper" were not uttered while all of TLG placed their hands on the door's glass window.

Eric C D

Second Unit
I was expecting "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

then I'd upchuck....

Eric

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Is everyone sure that the Lone Gun Men are dead? Did we see them die? Did they open the coffins up at the grave site?

Maybe they are under cover lookiing for Mulder. Or it is a ruse to draw Mulder or his 'killers' out.

I can't see Carter being this stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks