What's new

X-Files Jumps the Shark (4/21) (1 Viewer)

David Oliver

Second Unit
Well I know you think this is another, "Wow, the X-Files is so not good anymore" thread, but in fact it is not. That just happens to be the name of tonight's episode -Jump the Shark. I am sure it is all just a coincidence though. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, the last final series episode will be 5/19/02, so it's not like the show is coming back or anything. :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The show jumped the shark back after season 7 at the latest

As soon as they killed the conspiracy, they were at least revving the motor

Miles_W

Second Unit
All I can say is Chris Carter or who ever was responsible for that episode is a complete Ba$tard... $hit
How could you kill the lone gunmen! Fuck!!!

man I am pissed what a shitty way to wrap up "loose ends"
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Stephen_Opipari

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
I'm a little upset with them killing off the Gunmen
as well. But, I'm almost numb at this point about what happens in the show when 'old skool' elements are involved.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
......... im begining to wonder why i even still have my signature relate to this damn show... my fu*king god.. WHY??? i have never.. ever been so pissed at an x file.. even when my favorite villians are killed off.. i can at least justify it. this.. this makes no goddamn sense. i don't know if anyone here understands my newfound hatred.. carter.. damn you. how could u let these bastards kill them off.. how. :angry:

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Maybe he felt that the public killed them off because the Lone Gunman series failed. So maybe this was his way of saying since you didnh't watch them....

Benny G

Second Unit
Unlike everyone else so far, I didn't mind what happened tonight. I thought it was a rather respectful goodbye for a few fan favorites.

Benny G

Second Unit
Would you rather they have kissed and lived happily ever after?? Storybook ending?? Save that for Mulder & Scully.
:D

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I havent watched the X-Files in years, but after reading what happened tonight, anyone wanna give me the who/what/where/when/why of how the gunmen were killed
? I'd appreciate it very much!

Thanks,

JQ

Benny G

Second Unit
Jason:

In short, they died saving a bunch of lives. They locked themselves in a room with a man with some kind of biological agent inside of him, which was going to be released at a given time. There was a woman who could get rid of the substance, but there was no time......thus, since they didn't have time for her to come, they pulled a fire alarm, which effectively shut two fire doors (??) that trapped them inside. They did this voluntarily, knowing they would die.

Horrible paragraphing by me, but that should do.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
They killed off the "Lone Gunmen".

Geez, I guess that means they won't be in the next movie.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I'm skipping spoiler warnings at this point because the show has aired in all major markets, so don't read any further if you didn't watch the show.
Good to see Kimmy again... otherwise this episode disappointed me completely.
But, the teaser trailer for the final four episodes featured shots of the following people:
Marita Covarrubias
Gibson Praise
Adam Baldwin's super soldier (sorry I can't remember his character's name)
and
Alex Krycek (!!!!)
No shots of CSM though... hey, if Krycek can survive a bullet through the head then CSM can be lead dancer with the Rockettes. :)
Brad

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
The only reason I'm upset that the Lone Gunmen died is that now for sure there won't be anymore of them in the movies or a show of their own (I really liked the show).
Other than that, I kinda liked that they died, when a show ends I feel that killing of some of the main characters is always a good way to go... :)
/Mike

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I don't want to crap on anyone's thread, but I felt the series "Jumped the Shark" for real many seasons ago...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you gotta go, go with dignity. I liked the Lone Gunmen, but I'm not unhappy they were killed off because their final send-off had some meaning to the sacrifice they knowingly made. They were truly brave characters in spite of the odds.

Now, I do wonder why the need to kill them off, maybe to finally pound down one of the nails into the X-Files casket before it heads into Arlington as well.

I also have to wonder if there will ever be another X-Files film. The main 2 leads have moved on, perhaps it's time for their fans to move on, maybe that's what Chris was trying to tell them tonight.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Who wants to bet money that the Lone Gunmen won't be in the next movie? I lost interest in the show a couple years back because people wouldn't stay dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks