What's new

X-Files gets an 11th Season ? (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
after the performance ratings looks like Fox is ready to go and try this one more time. Didn't Mulder die in the last ep, wasn't that alien DNA thing unleashed.

would be happy to see more, but only if it "helps" the story.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I read they were entering serious negotiations with the two stars and Chris Carter for 8-10 more episodes. Much as I love the two leads, however, I'd be just as happy with Lauren Ambrose and Robbie Amell taking over and with some fresh blood in the writer/producer's chair with Carter serving as executive producer overseeing the show.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm into Season Six in the BD and boy does this season go off the rails losing all seriousness, style, cohesiveness. The cast is definitely bored, Chris Carter suddenly thinks he's a good comedy writer, the episodes skip tone all over the place, and there are no moorings to the original appeal of the show's style in the "Silence of the Lambs" vein. Long time fans go along because, hey, we are already so attached to these characters and actors, but I've had a few people new to the series watching and they just go WTF? A lot of the stuff just doesn't work on any other level than, hey, big fan here.

That Christmas ghost story with Lily Tomlin and Edward Asner was Carter doing a very bad version of "Death Becomes Her."

Michael McKean was funny, but that whole two-parter was giving the cast other stuff to do to keep them interested at the expense of the audience. Same with the back in time cruise ship episode. It's just throwing anything out there at this point.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think Duchovny and Anderson said they were game for more, if they could fit their schedules together. So it's more a question of when, than if.

And CSM was dead, dead, dead, too, but that didn't prevent him from coming back in the recent series.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm into Season Six in the BD and boy does this season go off the rails losing all seriousness, style, cohesiveness.
Yeah, S6 has highs and lows but there's still some good ones. The mythology episodes are decent (S.R. 819 is a solid episode focusing on Skinner and Two Fathers/One Son is a great climax) and some excellent standalones like Drive, Triangle, Monday and The Unnatural. There's also some less memorable but still decent episodes like Terms Of Endearment, Tithonus and Three Of A Kind. Unfortunately, there's also episodes like The Rain King, Arcadia and Alpha.

Also, there's an episode called Milagro that I think is, at best, OK but it's frequently cited as one of the best of the series by the show's writers.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I never cared for Milagro but there are quite a few season 6 episodes that I did enjoy. Field Trip, The Unnatural, Drive, Triangle, Monday and the 2 part Dreamland are quite good and I didn't mind some of the comedic episodes, as long as the quality was there.

I hope there is an 11th season and I'd be fine with 8 to 10 episodes, hopefully they will go for a more scary and consistent tone throughout all the episodes.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
bring back frank spotnitz, and if they wanted to tie into the movies they could use some other agents, for a few episodes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks