What's new

X-Files 12/02/01 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I thought this episode was a little better than the previous ones from this season. It's getting back to X-Files cases, and away from the political witchhunts inside the FBI.

I want to know how they got that guy to vomit so much stuff. Yech!

Besides the bad guy pushing Doggett's button (on whether he's got the hots for Scully, Reyes' spooky pronouncement that Doggett might have that X-Files-Sense-Of-Evil that she has...Hmmm....

So Scully's new assignment is teaching a forensic course in the FBI. They'll easily be able to put her to pasture by the end of this season.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
This will be the first episode I have missed.

I think I will just read the episode summary on the website.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I thought it was pretty good myself, especially the nice creepy unsettled ending.
Patrick, speculation on your first question:
Looked to me like all of the liquid was being shot out of a tube, probably attached to the side of the actor's head. I think most if not all of the shots were from profile (unfortunately I've already deleted it off my TiVo). Same technique used in Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life for Mr. Creosote's projectile vomiting.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I thought "Daemonicus" marked a real return to form. Enough was tied together so that you didn't feel cheated, and enough was left unexplained to leave you with a classic X file.

Re: Scully's new assignment. Having her teach might allow her to deliver to an audience the kind of commentary that, in prior seasons, we used to hear only in voiceover. In fact the lecture excerpts we heard tonight struck me as very similar to some of the field note entries she made during the first two seasons.

M.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Re: Mitch on the opening credits:

I think you'll see him in the opening credits when he actually appears in the episode. I think they did this with Duchovny when he was only in half (or less) of the shows last season.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I thought it was a pretty good episode, but did anyone else think that it seemed almost more like an episode of "Millenium", than "X-Files". All they lacked were a few of those quick-cut horror montages when Reyes "sensed evil".

Regards,

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I thought it was a pretty good episode, but did anyone else think that it seemed almost more like an episode of "Millenium", than "X-Files".
A valid comparison, but I've always thought Millennium borrowed most of that stuff from The X-Files in the first place. For example, the episodes featuring Donny Pfaster (the creepy mortician introduced in season 2's "Irresisitible") featured evil "flashes" that closely resembled what Frank Black often saw. And both Mulder and Frank Black started as profilers.

M.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Does anybody notice a BIG slowdown in pacing??

After aboot 25 minute last night I was bored shitless. If I didn't lose interest it was looking to be a pretty good episode.

You can see the mentoring being done in the hope that the show can carry on without Dana Scully.

Brent L

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Was anyone else a little agitated when Doggett would just scream at the bad guy when he would be withholding stuff from Doggett? Doggett's interogation technique needs work. :)

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I really liked the show, but there were a few things that bothered me. 1) Why didn't the lady at the beginning just take the tape off her mouth? Her hands were taped in front of her, so she should have been able to easily reach up and untape her mouth. 2) Why did the security guard run at the end? Along the same lines, how did he let the prisoner change clothes with him? 3) Why would the first 2 perps (the security guard and doctor) do the things they did? They had no motivation. Is it all just explained away by demonic posession? As the skeptic, Doggett didn't seem to catch those little details.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
It sure beat the hell outta the alien conspiracy plot morass, but last night's episode hewed fairly closely to a template we've seen more than a few times on the X-Files. I guess it's OK to recycle the same themes a few times over, so long as it's done well - and last night's was at least so-so.

Geez, what am I saying? If there was a single decent thing on in the 9pm timeslot, I wouldn't be anywhere near the X-Files. Fortunate for them that none of the HBO series are airing new episodes right now.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Fortunate for them that none of the HBO series are airing new episodes right now.
Yep, and when they do return in January, it's going to be an interesting juggling act for those of us who watch them and X-Files and Alias.
I'm just grateful that HBO always schedules at least two repeats the following week.
M.

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
About your first question

that guy throwing up looked animatronic in some shots with head going back and forth like a sprinkler!

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Well I really enjoyed the show. IMO it was fairly clever and had lots of visual clues to the plot out come etc. I loved all the references to the chess board with the black and white tiled floors and other references to a chess game which clearly was the game the was being played out.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Mild spoilers below:
OK, last night's (12/9) X-Files was getting back to the kind of eps I usually enjoy the most. I was 90% satisfied. The 10% has something to do with how there can be only one Doggett, but two Reyes' guns per dimension, but I'm trying not to think about it too much. All in all, the agents were lucky that they were dealing with the serial killer at hand and not a super-powerful Jet Li. Hmmmm? Maybe Morgan & Wong are still developing plots for the show? :)
Regards,

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Not familiar with 'kvetch'. Looking it up.

Hmm...

I guess as long as you put a Smiley Face beside it, that makes it okay eh Michael? I must have missed that in the forum guidelines.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks