What's new

X-Box replacement, aka 'We are the Borg'... (1 Viewer)

Marcus Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
This was proven to be a hoax Looooooong ago ...

I also have an Xbox and it's the best console I've owned to date ...

Don't blame the child for the sins of the father ...

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
IMHO this crap needs to end! a gaming console is one thing but now they want to expand even more into the living room?! IMO they should stick with computers and stay out of the living room:rolleyes.

ozric_smith

Agent
All my computers run Linux only. Get a PS2 or a NUON dvd player. MSFT is the McDonalds of the computer world. I am sure the X-BOX is a good console but the company is too EVIL IMHO.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
All my computers run Linux only. Get a PS2 or a NUON dvd player.
I'm going to start building all my cars by hand. Damn if I'll let those Detroit and Asia fatcats keep rolling in the cash.

Nuon is bankrupt, and the PS2 DVD functionality looks like ass.

Whatever.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Whether the HomeStation is a hoax or not isn't really important. And of course MicroSoft would deny the existance of the product.
The reality is that MS is interested in this level of control =$$$$ Since the revenue from PC sales is dropping.
MS and the Borg and have a very similar agenda.
"Resistance is futile"......... :alien:

ozric_smith

Agent
Michael St. Clair, are you a moron or what? You can only vote with your wallet, MSFT has bought everyone else. So keep putting money in the pockets of people who have stoped innovation and have broken the law in the mantaintance of their market share.

You will get what you deserve, bad software and products. I choose freedom.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Michael St. Clair, are you a moron or what? You can only vote with your wallet, MSFT has bought everyone else. So keep putting money in the pockets of people who have stoped innovation and have broken the law in the mantaintance of their market share.
Personal insults. Nice.
I buy what I enjoy. I don't cut off my nose to spite my face. The XBox is fantastic. I also own a Dreamcast and a Gamecube.
In my opinion, the XBox is the most innovative game console yet. Not groundbreaking, but the first to address the hardcore home theater geek with true digital surround sound, true progressive graphics on all titles, and ethernet.
Not to mention excellent third party support.

DaveThomas

Grip
Innovative? You've got to be kidding. Anyone with a recent PC has ethernet, surround sound, etc. Add an Nvidia gfx card and you have everything the XBox is.

There is very little innovative about taking current PC hardware and building a console. And from what I read Microsoft's legendary quality control is true to form in the XBox as well, ie very poor.

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
Add an Nvidia gfx card and you have everything the XBox is.
Not entirely true. The X-Box uses a custom NVIDIA GeForce3 GPU that you can't get on any current PC graphics accelerator. It has two vertex shaders as opposed to the PC GF3's one.

The X-Box is a very promising console. I'm still reluctant to buy it, however. I already have a powerful PC, a PS2, and a Gamecube. I already have enough to enjoy. And no, Halo is not my kind of game; I've noticed that a lot of people have based their X-Box purchase on that game alone. The fact remains that 80% of the games on the X-Box are already on the PC and I'm sure that Halo will eventually get a PC port.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I really, really like sitting on the couch and playing SSX, NFL, F1, Dead or Alive, and other various games in 480p on a hi-def set with 5.1 surround.
If there is another way I can do that other than with my XBox, let me know. I know that a PC is not the way to do it. :)
Rez on the Dreamcast in 480p is also excellent...

Henry Colonna

Stunt Coordinator
You know, I spent about 20 percent of my gaming time with Halo - it's fantastic, but it's not my type of game so much as far as "favorite" either.

I've spent a lot more time with Project Gotham Racing and Batman Vengeance and Jedi Obi Wan (which I actually returned.)

You can say that there are better games here there and yonder, but I've spent too much time with my XBox as it is - and a small fraction of it with Halo.

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
Michael St. Clair, are you a moron or what? You can only vote with your wallet,MSFT has bought everyone else. So keep putting money in the pockets of people who have stoped innovation and have broken the law in the mantaintance of their market share.
You will get what you deserve, bad software and products.
I choose freedom.
ozric while I myself am a computer geek; mainly UNIX based OSes such as Debian/Progeny Linux, FBSD, OBSD, and Solaris, Personal insults like that do not help any cause. What are your reasons for not liking microsoft? While I dont agree with some of Microsoft's tactics and I do not like its Operating system beyond browsing the web, What exactly has microsoft done that has whole heartedly stopped innovation? Yes, there have been legal issues with the company, but how did that stop anything from progressing. Obviously for the company to be where they are at, they have to be doing something right and Gates (while again not my favorite person in the world) is a hell of a lot richer than you or I. Your whole rant sounds like a cliche of snowballed bandwagon buzzwords to slander the corporate giant but carries no substance or validity. If you are going to state your case make it a bit more constructive, and show the other Party (especially everyone on this forum since we are all guests here) your respect while you do it, people will listen to you more).
Now that that is out of the way
Michael,
I am not sure I understand your comment in relation to Building a car from scratch in relation to the Linux OS...Can you please explain where you were coming from? :)
Thanks mah HTF brethren :D
-D

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I am not sure I understand your comment in relation to Building a car from scratch in relation to the Linux OS...Can you please explain where you were coming from?
Not a direct analogy...just a comment on the things some people will do because they don't 'like' a company...cut off ones nose to spite ones face.

I do NOT put Linux in this category, at least not for most users.

Darryl_B

Stunt Coordinator
All my computers run Linux only. Get a PS2 or a NUON dvd player. MSFT is the McDonalds of the computer world. I am sure the X-BOX is a good console but the company is too EVIL IMHO.
You know, I learned from a very reliable in-side source that Bill Gates is not human at all. He's apparently from another planet and was sent here to earth to start-up a properous business that could facillitate the rest of his alien race to take over the world! (LMAO)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks