What's new

x box queries......please help! (1 Viewer)

MattHar

Auditioning
ok.....i live in india(thats a faraway country if u've heard) and we don't get x-box here...so i asked my aunt to purchase it in the US and get it for me on her visit here.....but it turns out that the power lines in US are 110 V and in India we have 220 V ......so does that mean that x-box bought from there will not work here?

also indian dvd players are probably region 5 coded.....and US is region 1.....so DVDs ordered from the US will be region 1 and i wanted to know whether any chance of those working on my dvd player which is a samsung dvd player....

also i wanted to know whether the x-box will play these dvds...with the dvd playback kit of course....

please please..a little help in this wil be heavily appreciated!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Your aunt will probably have to buy a power converter for you. Most of the time these can be found in the travel section of stores because people need them to use their shavers, etc. when traveling overseas.

Region 1 DVDs won't play in your Region 5 player. You'll either need to buy a multi-region player or get it modded.

Now here's the interesting thing. I've heard (can't confirm) that when the DVD Playback Kit gets plugged into the XBox, the region the kit is coded for will set the region code for the XBox. Meaning your aunt will also have to buy you a playback kit and when installed it will be able to play Region 1 discs but nothing else. I don't know what video format is used in India, so it's another issue whether you can view NTSC on your television.

MattHar

Auditioning
thanks for that.....but yup we have ntsc in india....at least on my tv.....i am a little tech savvy thatn the rest.....

on the fact that it be able to play only region 1 dvds is cool......i have a region 5 player.......i basically wanted to know cuz i ordered a helluva dvds on wrestling....cuz u don't get them here

thanks anyway.....any more info will be appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks