What's new

X-Box or GameCube or PlayStation 2 (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
I've got too many consoles to list but.....
PS2 - got it and love it!
Gamecube - at launch
X-Box - wait and see
-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
PS2- Own it since launch...
X-Box- Don't know
Gamecube- Don't know
I am somewhat of a casual gamer. I love games, and love playing them, but I only have so much time to do so... The main console game I play is football, so right now it is Madden 2002 PS2. I am also thinking of picking up NFL2k2 for PS2 when it comes out.
So, what it will probably come down to for me is... What does the X-Box/Gamecube have to offer me that my PS2 doesn't? If one of these can be shown to be greatly superior in some area... I will likely buy one and sell my PS2. I just honestly don't have the time to play around with all the systems.
------------------
View Dr. Grall's DVD collection

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Andrew-
I'm sorry to ask this, but I would like for you to withdraw your question. The idea of this thread was just to find out which console (XB, PS2, GCN) people either own or are going to own and when. It pretty much just a poll to see where people are at. Sharing your motivations for buying a console, like the GCN having Nintendo games or the X-Box's power, are good things, too. The question you asked could lead to a flame war and could cause problems and ruin this thread.
So I am politely asking that you ask it in another thread or start a new one.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Morgan,
If this is a poll, it belongs in the Polls area.
Secondly, it is wise to expect that you will only get as much respect as you give others. Since you continue to crap all over everybody else's threads, you don't have the right to bitch people out for not doing what you want in your thread.
True respect can only be earned. You might want to try it.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Ummm... okay...
confused.gif

I don't think my comments were inflammatory in any way...
Whatever... I think I'll leave it... :)
------------------
View Dr. Grall's DVD collection

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Andrew-
Your remarks weren't mean or rude or anything. Its just that I made this thread hoping it wouldn't turn into a flame war or a bunch of debating. Asking about the benefits of one console over the other would probably bring about such exchanges. I'm just trying to keep this civil.
I don't go into a thread with the idea of destroying it. I go into one and express my opinion. Many people also express their opinions. It turns bad when people think of other peoples' opinions as stupid or without merit (even if they are without merit, they are opinions, they don't need merit).

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it's just me, but I read:
So, what it will probably come down to for me is... What does the X-Box/Gamecube have to offer me that my PS2 doesn't? If one of these can be shown to be greatly superior in some area... I will likely buy one and sell my PS2. I just honestly don't have the time to play around with all the systems.
as purely a rhetorical question, as in Andrew wasn't expecting an answer in this thread. Ho hum.
No PS2 here yet, though I'm edging towards getting one sooner rather than later. Did have a GC ordered, but had to cancel. No XBox ordered, but when JSR:Future comes out, it will be very tempting.
I'll end up with all three unless one has zero good games on it.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry to ask this, but I would like for you to withdraw your question. The idea of this thread was just to find out which console (XB, PS2, GCN) people either own or are going to own and when.
This from the person who turns every thread into mush?
Alright then, I'd like to know what the weather is like in what ever part of the world your browsing from. I'm in St. Louis and it was pretty nice Friday...sunny and in the mid 60's.
Also, how about those Yankees! Two great games in a row (and I'm not even a Yankee fan). I sure do feel bad for Arizona's poor closer though.
Having some difficulty potty training my puppy (Jack Russel Terrier). He seems to do well when we're home but can't quite make it through the day while we're at work.
So, what are you guys doing to re-energize the economy? I expect you all to spend heavily in support of our lifestyles this holiday season. I, for one, am looking to buy my wife a new SUV. Maybe that new Acura? Not sure but I feel it's the right time to spend money...somebody's got to.
What else should we talk about?

James D S

Screenwriter
Camp,
Those Yankees are redefining what it means to have heart. They are un-fricken-believable!
As an Astros fan, I know what NOT having heart looks like, and it it don't look like the Yankees.
Anyone else in Houston going out to vote this weekend? I am.
Did you know a cockroach can live for a week without its head?
Go Texans!

already have PS2
XBOX is preordered and can't come fast enough
Gamecube next year when Mario is released
------------------
SAMSONITE!!! I was WAY off...

Camp

Senior HTF Member
The food or the band? Or is there some Brit thing I'm not aware of?
wink.gif

James, I did not know a cockroach could prove so resilient. Amazing. Anyone else have any interesting trivia? The floor is open.

steveC

Grip
A cockroach for a week without its head. Those dirty
little bastards. Does sound like a cool notion for
an XBOX game though. You play a cockroach who has a
week to find his head...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks