What's new

x box on front screen projector (1 Viewer)

jason reed

Auditioning
i have an infocus front screen projector and the guy who helped me install it said its a big mistake to hook up my xbox and play games using the projector. please feel free to let me know why this is or is not true thanks.

jason reed

Auditioning
the answer i got had something to do w/severly shortening the life span of the projector. playing games on it would stress the projector because of the massive amounts of colors that come through the games.

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have a projector yet, but from what I've learned from others here, I doubt that the amount of colors shown will do anything bad to the projector.
I could see if your friend was worried about the hours you'll clock on the bulb from playing the xbox too long.

however that doesn't look like it will be a problem.
the thing that wears out projector bulbs is powering it up.
so be carefull not to turn it on and off very often.
once or twice a day seems normal

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
HAHAHA

what a load of crap.

Tell him, he's full of crap. :D

Hook it up, the sooner the better!!!

David K.

Second Unit
simple enough, connect the video cables to your projector, connect audio cables to your surround receiver.

Marcello

Auditioning
I'd suggest you to buy x2vga (go with google to find it) to hook it up to the X1. I too have a xbox, I too will buy a projector the panasonic pt-ae500, I too will buy that marvelous gadget...

It'll give you the best vga-out known so far for xbox, at a street price of around $60+shipping, the only bad thing, it has to come from China...

Or, cheaper way, you buy the HDTV official microsoft output cable ($19.99) and go with component. Remember, with component you get astounding quality even with quite a bunch of distance from your xbox to the projector, nevertheless, with x2vga you get slight more quality and you eventually can hook up a pc monitor too, crt or lcd or whatever with a vga integrated. BUT you can't do much meters of connections, 3 meters going to be even too much for vga signal....

Hope this helps.

Marcello

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
hey David K. I recognize those pictures from teamxbox..It's pounder from TXB..good to see that I know someone on these boards :D

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Soul Caliber 2 looks absolutely jaw-dropping gorgeous on my DLP projector (Benq 8700+). Just...wow!

Go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks