X-box Live Subscription Survery

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CaptDS9E, Feb 16, 2003.

1. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

For all of those intrested there is a survey up at xbox.com about x-box live subscriptions. There are some intresting subscription possibilitis on there. The first few x-box live things they ask will probably piss people off because of the price they ask, but then after that there are some very good subscription plans they are thinking about which would make lots of people very happy. So take the survery to let them know what you think and check it out

capt

2. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    I won't be subscribing again if they go with the 3 month $30 thing. They mentioned a free full game and a headset with the 1 year/$50 package. I wonder if the people who are already subscribed could get in on it if they re-subscribe? If we can't, I'd just cancel my subscription during the last month and buy a new starter kit or whatever package has the free game and headset.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

where is it?

4. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

go to xbox.com and its on the left side in the news section

5. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

http://www.opinionsurvey.com/BJK/s03...samplesource=9

As much as I'm enjoying my XBL experience, I will most likely not pay $10US a month to play. If MS doesn't want to shoot themselves in the foot, they'll hopefully realize that most feel the same way.

I also don't like that they're even entertaining the notion of not including the headset with starter kits.

6. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Some of the options they're testing are pretty cool. I'm sure the survey will play a role in what option they go for but I doubt it will be a major factor. Hopefully, they'll choose a subscription package that is palatable.

7. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

With all the Live i play $10 a month for me at least is a bargain. Plus according to the start of the survery hopefully they will add that free web page, free e-mail, the tournaments, the leagues, and instant messenger stuff. For others it may not be a bargain if you dont play as much. But i really like that $50 a year with a free game and communicator deal. Hopefully thats what they roll with

capt

8. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

The $50 a year is the best option to me. I know alot of people who are hesitant at even ten a month. I would still pay $10 a month though.

9. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

Xbox Live will become a smoking crater if they opt for the 3 month/$30 option.

10. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

50 bucks plus a game is a no brainer for me. 10 bucks a month, it's hard to say though. even 50 bucks a year with no game is worth it for me though. I've not done live that much yet so perhaps when I use it some more i'll get hooked.

11. Romar Armas

Romar Armas Second Unit

Why is everyone freely discussing this? I guess the NDA you agreed to in the beginning does not matter?

To me this is a positive thing. They're finding out how people would react to different offers. They ARE listening. I think everyone should take this survey and let them know.

One thing that surprised me were the last 2 parts of the Xbox Live description they show at the beginning of the Main Survey.

I really don't think the contents of the survey should be freely discussed after agreeing to the NDA. I think everyone should go through the survey and find out for themselves and at the same time, let MS know how they feel.

12. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Romar,

My post was intentionally general and vague for a reason.

13. Romar Armas

Romar Armas Second Unit

Todd, definitely not talking about you. [​IMG]

14. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Well If they add some dedicated servers I'd consider all options but if we continue to host games P2P then it better be the better of the deals offered.

15. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

Probably because all of the info is eaily inferred from the first post or two?

Just a thought...

16. Ben Seibert

Ben Seibert Stunt Coordinator

17. BrianB

BrianB Producer

18. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yeah if games like Wolfenstein and Especially Counterstrike is going to thrive it needs to be at least 16 player.

19. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

Without getting into the specifics of the survey, I would not be surprised to see them shorten the initial term at some point. They were doing the initial 50 bucks for one year deal to get the service going. If they do raise the cost per month, they wouldn't want people to go out and buy a live kit and avoid paying the new higher cost for a whole year. Some people might even like the cost to be less with a shorter period of time, kind of like a trial offer, to see if they want to keep the service.

Personally, I would probably sub it the service stayed 10 bucks or less a month. Any more than that and I probably wouldn't renew. I would prefer it if they gave a discount for one year prepay, kind of like Dish Network does for most of their services.

Also, as long as I am getting kicked a few times every Live session, I am going to think much harder about renewing.

20. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

If it becomes $10 a month, they can kiss my suscription goodbye.

$182 Canadian is more then I am willing to pay for the service per year, when I have a fast computer and video card as an online gaming alternative. Anything more then $100 CAD a year, and I won't be using the service.