What's new

X-box Live Questions (1 Viewer)

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
Hi
I just got a X Box & I am cancidering get the LIVE kit.
Could you please let me know your opinion about it, like
What pro's and con's , What games are the best to play on line, I have a eithernet DSL ( 100.0 MPS ) connection on my Dell 1.3 ghz PC.
Thanks for any input.
Eric:b

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
I'm an XBL newbie, and was previously pretty skeptical about the service. Then I read all the HTF raves over the Return to Castle Wolfenstein matches and bought the game and Live kit. I can now unreservedly say it's the most gaming fun I've ever had. The new version of the Live kit contains great games (demos of MotoGP and MechAssault and a full version of Tetris Worlds) and RTCW is a must-buy. The only con is that some of the people online can be jerks (not a problem if you play with HTFers), but it's easy enough to find another game.

JayV

Supporting Actor
Eric, take a look at this thread.

To summarize, I think the most consistent "cons" are:

1. Lack of titles
2. Laggy games / lack of dedicated servers
3. Problems finding games
4. Asswipes

Numbers 2 through 4 can usually be addressed by playing with HTF folks whenever possible.

The lack of titles is something you'll have to decide on your own. I don't have a problem with it, but YMMV. Take a look at a release calendar, too -- a bunch of titles are on their way this summer and fall.

I already have broadband, so $50 is a great value for me. This price has been confirmed by MS for Year Two as well.

-j

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
To me Live is awesome as i play at night and always with HTF for the most part. But i do play with others once and a while and its not bad.

capt

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
Thanks guys as soon as I get LIVE up and running,Ill add you to my friends list.Regards , Eric

James D S

Screenwriter
Good decision Eric!

The only thing that could make Live more of a time sink (that's a good thing) for me is if it we integrated with a messaging program, like IM ;), so I could know when to get of the HTF and get onto a playfield with HTFers. Bring on XBL2.0!

Frederick

Second Unit
Good choice. Time has been the only thing keeping me off of Live, but I have had a session or two with some guys from here, and it was a blast! The most fun is had when playing people that you're familiar with, so you lessen the chance of running into jerks. Keep an eye out on the forum, they usually annouce when they're going to have a session going on a paticular game. As soon as I get time, I'm back on Live. And I even picked up RTCW, NFL 2K3, and plan on getting Moto GP 2, so keep an eye out for me :D ...

Freddy C.

James D S

Screenwriter
Two ways: Jay or Photoshop it yourself. Can't you tell I Photoshoped mine myself? I just stole the banner from another's sig and proceeded to use the wrong font to paste my name over the previous owner's and viola! ;)

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
SO when im ready to play a game with others online,Do I have to be invited or how does that work?
PS HOW do you make your X Box tag?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
you can add me to your friends list if you want. I usually host a lot of night events

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks