What's new

X-box crashes and illuminated controllers (1 Viewer)

HowardA

Auditioning
1. My new X-box has 'crashed' twice (just completely turned off) while playing Munch in my first 10 hours of using it. The box is plugged into one of the more expensive Monster Power surge suppressors/regulators (forget the model number), none of the other components in my HT system were affected. Should I be bringing this baby back to exchange (only 3 days old) for another one?????

2. Munch is pretty dark and I need to play in the pitch dark (must be my middle-aged eyes), is there any controller that has LEDs to light up the buttons (I am sure you do it by feel eventuially but I am not there yet)??

Thanks.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
1.)If the system were mine I'd exchange it. While I'm not sure if your problem is with the console or the game this would make me uncomfortable. I've been playing my system for a year now and it's yet to crash.

2.)I haven't seen or heard of any illuminated controllers but just give it a week or two. Even if the controller was lit it would take you at least that long to get accustomed to the feel of it.

hwshi

Stunt Coordinator
for controlers that light up check Link Removed for a diy controler,have fun

Dan B

Screenwriter
This is an obvious thing to check, but have you made sure that the power cable is plugged in to the Xbox firmly. (it can require a bit of a push)

It should not be shutting off, that is for sure. If it's not a loose power cable, get a replacement.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I feel a bit sheepish saying this, but you've checked the thing has plenty of ventilation, yes? Shutting itself down is what the Box does when its overheating, I believe.

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
Very cool mod. Guess I know what I'll be doing with my spare time next couple of days.

As to the original post. I'd definitely return the box. After checking cooling space, power cords, etc. I haven't heard of anyone hitting an issue like this before. Better to get it replaced under warranty now, than to wait and find out there's a real problem later. IMO of course.

T

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I just got mine, and first it was making a clicking sound. Now it's a horrible grinding sound and it already shut off once for overheating

I'm taking it back tomorrow, seems like something's wrong with the DVD-ROM or the HD (hard to pinpoint noise location_

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
The Xbox defaults to an auto-shutoff at 6 hours of play.

Look in your options and toggle the setting to "never".

HowardA

Auditioning
I cannot get the link to the illuminated controller to work, anyone have another url?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread