[X-Box] Any Interest in a 'to VGA' Converter?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brae, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Brae

Brae Supporting Actor

Hello All,
    I was wondering if there was any interest in trying to setup a PowerBuy for an X-Box VGA solution so that you can play your X-Box on a regular computer monitor.
    I figure that my work monitor has proven itself these past couple of years at 1600x1200 (21"), so this would allow me to at least hit 720P from the X-Box.
    If anyone is interested, please let me know via PM. If enough people are interested I'll contact the manufacturer and see what kind of pricing can be had in a group buy.
    Disclaimer: I am in no why associated with this manufacturer, or any manufacturer, and I am sure my employer would prefer I NOT play console gaming in the workplace, but Friday nights are rather slow and can use some excitement. [​IMG]

2. Brae

Brae Supporting Actor

22 Views and not one person interested? Wow. Maybe I'll just see if the folks in the workplace want to split the costs. [​IMG]

3. Anthony.Lin

Anthony.Lin Stunt Coordinator

I have a Sony Trinitron 21" monitor too, but I'd prefer playing xbox on my tv with the 5.1 surround sound. The VGA converter is tempting, but for the price I'd rather get two games~ (sorry just me - maybe you'll have some luck elsewhere)

4. Brae

Brae Supporting Actor

I, too, would prefer to play on a regular television, but the fact is this was posted for those wishing to bring their console into the workplace. [​IMG]

5. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

I would be concerned as to how good the thing is. When reading about the previous version there is talk of wash out etc.
    And there is a very limited amount of info there.
    Too bad the guy doesn't take paypal. Very easy to use and he could have a buy button right on the site.

6. TimG

TimG Second Unit

I might be interested if we could find some more information on it. I need vga to hook-up to my projector. Anyone know of any reviews of this?

TimG

7. HankB

HankB Stunt Coordinator

You can't do true VGA from normal Xbox. Microsoft did some stuff to the signal so you can't (if you wire up a true AV --> VGA converter, it looks very green). That box must do upconversion, which will won't look perfect. So if you do order that box, don't expect the same image quality as if you plugged it into a hi def TV. Just my 2 cents.

8. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

Actually, you can do "true" VGA from an Xbox. The Rendant VGA boxes upconvert, but the VGA adapter linked above is just a hardwired Component-->VGA converter (like this Audio Authority box).