X Arcade Stick DC or Xbox?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Scarpa, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Well I decided that I'm getting the X Arcade 2 player version for my MAME Machine, I also have a Dreamcast and Xbox so I'm undecided which version of the stick to get. I would think their are more games compatible for the DC than the Xbox at this moment, plus the Xbox can interface with a PC Monitor.

Whatcha guys think?

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

You can get the DC version. Then you can get this to use it on the Xbox.

Also- don't wanna make your decision even harder but you sure you want the 2-player version? Leaves little elbow room for the other player...

3. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Well I was eventually gonna use it as the basis for a cabinet. But I doubt they'll be many times when there's more than one player.

4. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Dave, I'm getting the same controller in about a week. I plan on getting the Xbox connector and leaving the DC off for now. Main reason is Soul Caliber 2 is hitting all the next gen consoles very soon, I'm pretty sure Xbox will have the nicest looking/playing version. Since Soul Caliber is 95% of the reason to play my DC these days, might as well see if SC2 eclipses it before making a decision. Chances are that SC2 will pretty much kill the DC for me finally.

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Joe, How are you using the Stick are you building a Cabinet for the Xbox or are you just gonna use it on your Lap? (Kinda Big for that)