What's new

X-360 Dead Rising problems (1 Viewer)

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
Is anybody having the killing your 360 after playing this game effect?
I was about to pull the trigger on this game untill I found a thread or two elsewhere saying that the game causes overheating of the box and to its death.
thanks

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Hey an Indiana guy, what is up?

Maybe the individual you read about did not have a properly ventilated system. If you are able to keep the system cool it should be perfectly fine. You know that some folks do strange things like leave their gaming systems on while they are at work and other silly stuff like puting the system in a tight spot because it looks good or laying the system on the carpet.

Not saying you should rush out to buy the game, deffinetly do some research cause I don't want a dead Xbox 360 on my conscious. And I also have no experiance with this game. Just simply saying that someone either wanted to blaim someone else for their problems or just had no idea they were doing something wrong.

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up the game last week (along with my new 360). As soon as I started Dead Rising, a message popped up that the system would automaticly update for "Dead Rising" (Is this normal?). It took about 30 seconds and I'm NOT on Xbox Live...wish I could remember what the exact message said. Have had no problems at all w/the system while playing it since.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I have the "disc read error" issue. I have no overheating problems, but I have had problems with the loading between areas. Just do a search on google or xbox.com for "DEAD RISING DISC READ ERROR" and you'll see what I'm talking about. I genuinely believe it WILL NOT kill my system, but I am definately going to try another copy of DEAD RISING.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks