What's new

X-2? Bah! Gimme some of that FFXII! (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
These guys just don't know the meaning of the word "final", do they?
No, but they know the meaning of the word money.:D As long as there is an audience for Final Fantasy games Squre Enix (still wierd saying that will) will supply the product.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Ok, as long as this thread is here, I'm gonna ask a FF question that I can't quite figure out...
Are all the Nintendo / Super Nintendo (or all Pre-PS1) FF's available on PS1 now? I've played every single FF up 'till that goofy looney-tunes one (not thread farting here, just giving my experience) and I wanna play those classics on my PS2 but I'm not sure how much this final fantasy anthology incorporates....
Anyone wanna give me a rundown of what is on what anthology?
Thanks,
JQ

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Final Fantasy Anthology for the PS1 basically includes Final Fantasy V(never released in the U.S) and Final Final Fantasy VI (Released as Final Fantasy III in the US). Both were SNES titles. Final Fantasy V is noteworthy for instroducing the job system which is highly regarded as one of the most in-depth character developement systems ever featured in an FF game. VI is a complete classic that IMHO must be played and owned ASAP! (its by far my favorite FF game and I'd say along with VII was the last FF game that I enjoyed.)
Final Fantasy Chronicles for the PS1 includes Final Fantasy IV (released as Final Fantasy II in the US for the SNES). This new version features a heavily corrected translation if I remember correctly and is a good improvement over the initial release. As a bonus with chronicles you also get Chrono Trigger. (Speaks for itself:)).
So with those 2 you would have FF IV, V, VI. Along with the PS1 releases VII, VIII, IX and the PS2 release of X. FF 1 and 2 were original NES releases and Square Enix may be releasing a compilation of those 2 games in the US for the PS1 soon (One has already been released or is due for release in Japan with some nicely redone graphics and new CG sequences). FF 3 I suppose was simply the US release of VI. Hope that helps!

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Romier,
Yep, that definitely helps. So I need to grab FF Chronicles and FF Anthology. Sounds good.

VI is a complete classic that IMHO must be played and owned ASAP! (its by far my favorite FF game and I'd say along with VII was the last FF game that I enjoyed.)
If memory serves, this was the one with Locke (sp?) as the main character? Where you start the game in the mountains as Wedge and...(I can't believe I forgot the other guys name...its been wayyy to long since I picked this up)? If so, I agree with you 100% - it was definitely the high water mark for FF and, IMO, the last truly *great* FF game. Another fav of mine was the SNES FF with Cecil - I always loved going around and finding all the characters and the big world change 1/2 way through the game.

Ah, the memories. Sorry for the slight thread jacking.
JQ

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
What's the latest on FFXI? Is it looking better or worse for a U.S. release?

FF III (Japanese VI) on the Gameboy Advance would still be the coolest release possible, IMO.

-Dave

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'd still like X-2 though. :)
I've come to the conclusion that Final Fantasy VI is still tops for gameplay innovation, story, and old-school sensibilities.
Oh well, I'll probably be an "old" man by the time FFXII gets released.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
FFXII will be around sooner than you think. Remember, PSX saw VII, VIII, and IX.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Morgan Jolley said:
Exquise me? Do you mean your age?
No, I'm talking about the number of cents in my checking account.
:p)
I was actually talking about my age. I turn 23 in October. Three of my friends are already married by that age and have careers. Me, I'm "retired". Actually, I took a year off after I graduated from college, and I'm just waiting to hear from Med School.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks