X-10 wireless instead of rca cable

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David_Merrow, Jun 15, 2002.

1. David_Merrow

David_Merrow Stunt Coordinator

Hello,
    I was wanting to use my receiver's multiroom output capability but did not want to run wires all over the house. Would the x-10 wireless receiver work ok for this?
    Here is a link to what I was looking at:
    http://www.x10.com/products/x10_vk57a.htm
    thanks,
    David

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    David, it will get you sound, but not necessarily the quality you my be seeking. I tried a similar device about a year or so ago thinking about adding extra surround channels without going through the wiring process. It is subject to interference the same as sometimes on a wireless phone where you may get some hiss and pops. I tried it first with a good CD player and it made the CD player have the same qualities with the added surface noise of records. It was very subject to interference and I did not have it that far away and it was within sight of the unit not even behind a wall. I will likely use mine to monitor the front of my house with a camera. That is about what they are good for. Radio Shack has similar devices and a generous return policy so if you want to try it that is the best route to go.