www.total-movie.com DVD player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Susilo, Jan 17, 2002.

1. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

I hope I don't make a grave mistake (or even a mistake, for that matter). I subscribed to Total Movie this afternoon and took their DVD player offer. US$100 for a DVD player, 6 issues of Total Movie (incl. 6 DVDs, of course) and 40 movies.

Sound too good to be true, but I'm hoping everything will be allright

2. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

Good luck, I have been waiting since August to get my 40 DVD's. In fact, I finally got a response today to my 4th email to Customer service dated December 18th. They told me they expect them to be shipped in March.

Good luck.

3. David Susilo

I guess I gotta wait forever for this DVD player then. They also told me that I have to wait for March for delivery.

4. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

That was the problem with a magazine that went under after thousands bought subscriptions.

Many of us are quite leary about offers from this mag.

They may be run better now but who knows

Brent

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I got this offer in the mail the other day. It does sound too good to be true. What DVD player are they offering? Probably an Oritron or the equivalent. Maybe it will be rebadged with the Total Movie logo like the phones and such that magazines used to give away. I also wonder what 40 DVDs they are giving away. The literature I received provided no insight. Any chance we will have heard of any of the movies?

6. David Susilo

CLICK HERE for info on the DVD player and the movie titles they are "giving" away.
    The movie will be on 20 DVDs (2 movies per disc) and they will all supposedly sent in a fingle shot.
    According to the company's rep, they are only about to ship the November and January issues starting next week.
    I'm leary too, but I'm gambling. Worst case scenario, O'll dispute the payment.

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Thanks for the link, David. About what I expected. The DVD player is by VM1, which I have never heard of before. As for the movies, I wouldn't watch any of them. Given the lackluster movie list and player (they are offering in my opinion) coupled with their questionable past and customer service, I won't be subscribing.