What's new

www.masterreplicas.com -> How authentic are their STAR WARS replicas? (1 Viewer)

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
In one of the current STAR WARS threads someone mentioned that he has ordered the Han Solo Blaster from www.masterreplicas.com.
He seemed to be pretty happy with it and mentioned it was worth the hefty price of $499 (plus S&H).
I have ordered the Luke Skywalker Lightsaber:
http://www.masterreplicas.com/StarWa...Saber.asp?sid=
and the Lightsaber Display Case:
http://www.masterreplicas.com/StarWa...yCase.asp?sid=
for myself. Total was $417 with shipping thru FedEx to Switzerland.
Does anybody have any of their products and can comment on the authenticity and quality?

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
Roland,

I can olny comment on the lightsaber that I saw on display at the Star Wars Celebration II. The looked and felt impressive. If I hadn't spent so much on autographs and figures I would have bought one.

But I can comment on the old licensee of lightsabers ICONS. I have the Darth Varder Lightsaber and it is the most coveted part of my collection.

Enjoy your purchase!

Kraig Lang

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered the FX lightsaber a couple of weeks ago. I know it's not the same as the limited edition hilts, but I'm excited to see it. What I've seen of the hilts really impressed the heck out of me. If I had the dollars, I'd buy in a second.

You should be pleased!!

Kraig

Hector X. Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
Roland,

I ordered the Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker lightsaber hilt from Master Replicas and all I can say is that it is magnificent. It is the most prized element of my entire home theater collection.

The craftsmanship is superb. Each little detail from the film is incorporated. The machining work on the hilt itself is world class and the weight is perfect. This is by no means a toy. It is a filming-quality prop replica and I am proud to show it off.

The display case is gorgeous and the aluminum plaque is very handsome. One of my favorite things in the world. Master Replicas packages it impeccably and with great care. It arrived without a scratch and in a beautiful storage box.

You will be very, very happy with it.

Hector

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I received my Han Solo blaster a few weeks ago and I am very satisfied. I completely agree with Hector, he said it about as well as I could.

The blaster looks and feels perfect. One thing about the Han Solo blaster that might be different from the lightsabers is it has the (expertly hand-painted) scratches and blemishes and signs of wear from its years of service to Han Solo. It's that final touch that makes it look "real" rather than a chunk of diecast metal. Do the sabers have similar details or are they perfectly polished?

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the replies. :emoji_thumbsup:
From the impression I got from the pictures on their web page I expected these replicas to be rather authentic. Now I very pleased to hear such positive replies from you guys.
One thing about the Han Solo blaster that might be different from the lightsabers is it has the (expertly hand-painted) scratches and blemishes and signs of wear from its years of service to Han Solo. It's that final touch that makes it look "real" rather than a chunk of diecast metal. Do the sabers have similar details or are they perfectly polished?
Judging from the photos of the lightsaber they seem to be polished without scratches. The blaster would be browned metal in reality which is more prone to scratches than the chrome steel which the lightsaber would be made of.
So if the sabers don't have scratches it's not a lack of realism methinks.
I think next month I'll go ahead and order the Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber also. I had a very hard time choosing between Luke's and that one yesterday.
EDIT:
http://www.monstersinmotion.com/weapons/swreplicas.html
They also sell these replicas. They have also Count Dookus Lightsaber which isn't featured on Masterreplicas homepage?

Kraig Lang

Stunt Coordinator
Hi gang,

I went and checked the website for my order and it looks like the FX sabers will be shipping in late June. Long wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

I'll let you know when it ships.

Kraig

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Master Replicas will have a Dooku lightsaber in a few months. Looking at the Monsters in Motion page, their graphics look too similar to Master Replicas, and they claim to be official prop replicas, so it looks like that they are just preordering and reselling the Master Replicas props.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks