What's new

www.eddiebauer.com (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
So tell me your experiences, are you guys "eddie bauer men" that I keep hearing the ladies mentioning?? How do you like their stuff compared to other stuff out there?

I hate buying clothes and trying them on. Does anyone buy from the website instead of the stores? Are the prices competitive, or just reg. price? Any Canadians order from the website? and what costs did they tack on for shipping, brokerage, etc...

Mario Bartel

Stunt Coordinator
>>"eddie bauer men" that I keep hearing the ladies mentioning

Er, in a good way or a bad way?

If the former, then I'll fess up that about 90% of my wardrobe is Eddie Bauer. In fact, I shudder to think how many of those Eddie Bauer points coupons I've cashed in over the years.

Most of their stuff is durable and pretty timeless; it's never really in style, but then it's never really out of style either. I'm especially a fan of their mock turtlenecks.

That being said, I've noticed recently they seem to have trimmed down the selection in their B&M stores and gone heavily into khaki, which I'm not a particular fan of.

As for their website, the prices are US dollars, so it's probably not good value for the crappy Canadian currency.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
This is funny, I am wearing an "Eddie Bauer" emblazoned sweatshirt as I read this thread.

I usually hit the EB outlet store for some good deals (and because I am a cheap bastard). I don't like buying clothes online. You can't really get an idea of how they look or fit from a 100 X 100 pixel image.

I do like some of their clothes because they last longer. I have a couple of shirts I've worn quite often for the past few years and they still are holding up.

Don Black

Screenwriter
EB has a bunch of 30% off coupons that they run each year. Just wait for them and you can get some reasonably price stuff. Also, they ran a few $20 off $20 and $15 off $15 promos last year and got swamped. Some of them even included free s/h. S/h is one of EB's money makers since they charge a handling fee on top of shipping and taxes. However, if you order from one of their in-store phone you don't have to pay shipping ... only the handling fee.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I usually hit the EB outlet store for some good deals
Ditto. I've found EB outlet stores to have the best combination of price and quality, so far. (Well, I liked Bugle Boy jeans, but they disappeared). In fact, I loaded up EB stuff over Xmas.

But I can't speak to ordering from them online.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
EB has excellent quality clothes but if you buy in store never buy full retail. Eventually (and it may only take a week or two) its on the clearance rack at a substantial savings. I don't know if the webstore does this too.

Patrick

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Love EB and I shudder to think how much I've dropped on them the last five years or so. Their outerwear in fantastic. I have a Gore-Tex Parka that leaves me bone dry in the harshest rainstorm. Love their shirts and sweaters (except for wool...ICK!) I also liked their Gore-Tex oxfords, which were probably the most comfortable leather shoes I've owned. Bought two pairs and they both wore out. I was pissed to find out this year that the style's been discontinued. About the only thing I've pulled back on is their khakis. The quality of them just doesn't seem to justify the premium price.
By the way, I don't think the EB label has never helped me with the ladies. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks