What's new

WWF releases catalog titles on DVD! 2/5/2002 (1 Viewer)

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I figured I'd give the WWF fans a heads up. These titles were only previously available on VHS. Personally I can't wait for Uncensored and Rock Bottom! MSRP is $14.96, which means they'll be at best buy for under $10. As Stone Cold would say, "Oh hell yeah!" :) Once again, these DVDs will be available on February 5th.
1. WWF Attitude: Austin 3:16 - Uncensored
2. WWF Attitude: Austin vs. McMahon
3. WWF Attitude: Best Of Raw - Vol. 1
4. WWF Attitude: Best Of Survivor Series 1987-1997
5. WWF Attitude: Best Of Wrestlemania I-XIV
6. WWF Attitude: Eve Of Destruction
7. WWF Attitude: Rock Bottom 1998
8. WWF Attitude: Three Faces Of Foley
9. WWF Attitude: TLC - Tables, Ladders, Chairs
10. WWF Attitude: Undertaker - The Phenom
11. WWF Attitude: Unforgiven 1998
12. WWF: The Rock - Know Your Role
13. WWF: Action! (2001)
14. WWF: Best of Series 1987-1997
15. WWF: Rebellion (2001) 1-29-2002 (Never seen in U.S.)
16. WWF: Vengeance (2001) 1-29-2002

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Where are the full PPV broadcasts of Wrestlemanias I-XIV? I'd buy a few of those in a heartbeat. None of this "best of" for me!

mike.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I agree. I would buy Wrestlemanias 1-12(the only ones I've seen)in a heart beat. Especially Wrestlemania X the best one ever. Best of sets however I wont buy.

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
I 100% agree with you guys on the "Best of" discs. The only one I'm going to pick up is the Best of RAW (since all of RAW would be damn near impossible to put into DVD form.) I too anxiously await a Wrestlemania box. Hell, the set is already on VHS, so it can't be too long for the DVDs (hopefully). I'm just glad that the older Stone Cold/Rock material is being put on DVD. Thankfully, I never broke down and got the tapes. :)

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
Sheesh... guess I got break down now and buy "Three Faces of Foley"...

God, I loved watching him...

Jim

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I still don't get why they are releasing Best of RAW Volume 1 when the 2 disc set of Volumes 1 and 2 cost about as much as your average single DVD. Here's another vote for a WrestleMania box set.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Personally, I wish they'd release box sets of all the big PPVs...Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, King of the Ring, Summerslam and Survivor Series. And I really, REALLY wish they'd release No Way Out 2000, Mick Foley's "last" (ok, I suppose it was really "last but one") match in the Hell in the Cell against Triple H. I have it on VHS, but it is a terrible copy (though store bought).

Oh, and how about complete uneditied season box sets of Raw? Now that would be excessive AND expensive, just like the the rest of the WWF!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Full Seasons of RAW, lessee, 52 episodes, at twice the length of a typical TV show, so that's the equivilant of 104 episodes, so we're talking $500/season for RAW

No thank you, in this case a 3-disc highlights reel would do fine for me. It's not like continuity matters for more than 2-3 months anyway.

I'll pick up 3 faces of Foley, his other DVD is fantastic too! Of course, we still lack No Way Out on DVD, as well as the HELL IN A CELL at KOTR '98

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be picking up several of these (Foley first) but I also have wished for complete runs of RAW, though I'd never thought about full season sets. The cost of transferring them would be minimal, there's no future profits in syndication and extras would be unnecessary, though it would be nice to see a few minutes after the networks cut away. They could release these at a really nice price (like these or even $1-2 lower) in not-fancy packages, and some of us fools would pick up a couple each month.

Even in a case like this, Best-of's annoy me.

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
What would really make me happy is if they would put out some WCW DVD's. They own their library, why not make a best of Ric Flair or best of Sting or maybe some of the better Pay-Per-Views like Wrestlewar '89 or Spring Stampede '99.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
. The cost of transferring them would be minimal, there's no future profits in syndication
They're showing WWF reruns in Europe, and the wurd onthe street is that with the acquisition of the ECW and WCW (and all of their subdivisions) video libraries, Vinnie Mac is planning a 24 hour wrestling channel in the next 3 years. I'm willing to bet there will be RAW reruns nightly

Derek Faber

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, all the Wrestlemania's are on VHS, although, I would never get all of them. VIII, X, XII, maybe XIV would be worth getting. There is a box set of them just released as X8 is coming up soon.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
In one of the WWF press conferences last year, Linda McMahon mentioned that the plans for a 24 hour wrestling channel had been put on hold, but had been planned for 2001. I'd imagine that one of the things holding it up is the battle over ECW. From the sound of things, it's probably going to cost Vince more to acquire the ECW video library (bankruptcy court estimated the value at $8 million), than it did to acquire the entire WCW (about $2 million). I believe they are working on putting out some WCW product, and I thought a Ric Flair release was scheduled for sometime in the next few months, but they've got thousands of hours of video to go through, so I'd imagine it's a pretty daunting task. The recent Undertaker release had some of his WCW footage, and they're using more and more WCW stuff on WWF programming (particularly Excess), so they are sifting through their libraries. I'm sure they could easily rerelease some old WCW video titles, and wouldn't be surprised to see them by the end of the year.

I'd like to see a Wrestlemania Boxed Set, but I'd imagine it would cost $200 or higher, so I'd more than likely buy them one at a time. While a lot of people prefer some of the more recent WM's, I'm more interested in getting 1-6 for nostalgia's sake. In fact, I think doing 5 or 6 disc boxed sets might work out even better. They'd cost less, and you could get the 5 or 10 you most wanted immediately, and wait on the others.

Scott W.

Second Unit
I'll be buying best of Wrestlemania I-XIV. Also, if Wrestlemania I-XIV came out on DVD, I'd buy them as a collection.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks