What's new

WWF Raw 11/19/01 (1 Viewer)

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Ok, I didn't mind the whole show until Ric Flair showed up at the end. Vince attempting to strip Austin of the title to give to Angle seemed the worst of Vince's decisions. I was hoping for something much better than what happened at the end. Ric Flair is like 60 years old, going on 70. I sure hope they are not considering putting him in the ring at some point, because that could be awful.
On the plus side, HHH doing the promo for Vengeance ... GOOD! :emoji_thumbsup: Even better, the Vengeance name is stamped out with a sledge! :emoji_thumbsup: I hope this ultimately means HHH wrestling in December, not making a run-in at the PPV and just showing up then.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Do you think me running around the house screaming "The King Baby" means I was excited. That was so great having the King return. Now all we need is Shaun Micheals to call him King Fish and then have Bret Hart beat up Micheals. Ahh the god old days. Am I the only one who smells another Smell My Foot Match. Peace

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ric Flair MAY eventually end up in the ring with Vince doing a owner vs onwer type match, but he wasnt brought in to wrestle but becuase of his star power and personality.

The wrestling was really weak, but the Vinces Revenge angles were strong and funny(except for some of his acting).Watching Regal kiss Vinces ass and how he reacted afterward was hilarious - Im still upset they broke up his friendship with Tojiri which I thought worked really well.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Well, as an owner vs owner match, I could probably handle that. It could eventually be the way to rid of Flair, Vince fighting to get the company back as his only.

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
Please. I'd rather watch a 60 yr old Flair wrestle in a match than the Undertaker any day.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Flair was having difficulty doing his strut in the ring on Raw. Any physicality would have to be slowed down so that he could perform the moves. The 'Taker ain't a spring chicken anymore either, but his match against HHH at wrestlemania this year was pretty damn good.

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
I could have a good match with HHH. He's the best overall wrestler today. Heck, Hunter actually reminds me of a young Flair.

Obviously, Ric shouldn't be wrestling. Nobody wants to see that, but I just don't want people to think, "Oh, that guy's like 90. He sucks!"

The man is the greatest wrestler of all-time (next to Michaels, but I'm a mark), and I think wrestling fans, especially newer ones, forget about that. There was wrestling before '98, and Flair was the best.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
I remember the classic Ric Flair - Ron Garvin matches from way back, I know Ric Flair long ago was a great wrestler. I even remember his previous stint in the WWF in the early 90's. I am not a new wrestling fan by any means. But I do remember the WCW near its end, propping up OLD wrestlers and putting them in the ring for ratings. If Flair is here to be Vince's nemisis, that could be entertaining, we will find out.

Jarrod_L

Stunt Coordinator
Wooo!!!

The Nature Boy is back!

I didn't get to see the butt-kissing, or RVD nearly getting his neck snapped, but I managed to see the last 10 minutes of the show, and I was totally overjoyed to see Slick Ric back in wrestling.

I do hope he keeps his in-ring time down to a minimum. But, it would be quite a treat to see him lay some chops on Vince, then slap the figure four on him!!!

Wooo!!!!!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I have about 30 VHS tapes full of old NWA wrestling.Stuff from around 82 - 91.

I agree about Flair being the greatest of all time. He doesnt have the size of someone like Hogan and to work exclusively in main events for 16 years is simply amazing.

Flair was awesome in his prime 84-89.

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
Amen, JonZ.

I purchased a previously viewed copy of "Wrestle War '89" at a video store for $5. It features arguably the greatest match of all-time, Flair/Steamboat, and I consider it the highlight of my 400+ wrestling video collection.

DougB

Agent
Flair probably won't be in the WWF for very long. They are *supposedly* still planning on breaking into 2 seperate "companies". My guess is Flair will end up taking the WCW name, all the former alliance members, and play the Vince-type role in the new company. Of course, on the other hand, based on the reaction he got on RAW, Vince will probably beat it into the ground to where no one cares anymore, about Flair, or anything else that was/is WCW.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Whooooo! Ric Flair is back! I love that man!
I'd like to see him wrestle as a "special attraction," kind of like Lawler. He may not be as great as he once was, but he can still be involved in good/great matches. In the past year, I thought he had good matches with Sting, Russo, and Jarrett. He just needs to wear a shirt when he wrestles. :)
I think the WCW name is pretty much dead. They wouldn't unify all the titles if they planned to still use it.
How awful did Jericho look trying to put the Walls of Jericho on Kane? It was worse than when he kept slipping on the ropes at one of the PPVs this year. One thing that bothers me in wrestling is that wrestlers don't seem to know how to improvise. When a wrestler fails to execute a move properly, he shouldn't try it again if he doesn't think its possible. Jericho should have taken the chair and hit Kane in the legs with it. Or like when a wrestler does a high risk move and misses his opponent, the opponent should sell the miss. I was surprised to not hear any "You f*cked up" chants.
~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks