What's new

WWF Fans: Thoughts on the nWo (1 Viewer)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I'm looking forward to seeing how the whole nWo angle plays out at the pay per view. I only hope that Vince doesn't muck this up like he did the WCW/ECW invasion angle.

My only wish is that Vince doesn't make the same mistake that Bischoff made with the nWo and water it down with second and third tier wrestlers (in terms of popularity) and please don't make just another group of wrestlers like ECW and WCW became during the last few days of the invasion angle.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I am highly anticipating the return of the NWO and seeing Hall, Hogan, and Nash back in the WWF. I feel each of these wrestlers have a lot to contribute to the quality of the product.

I was hoping that the NWO wouldn't debut all at once because I think that's inefficient, but Vince McMahon probably wants them to start an angle as soon as possible that will lead up to Wrestlemania. If all three guys show up at the PPV, I'm expecting 6-Pac to join the group on Raw the next night. Then I'd like to see the group remain with those 4 for a couple of months.

The success of the NWO and their affect on the WWF lies in the hands of McMahon. Rarely has he been successful in importing an established wrestler/angle into the WWF. Already there have been problems with the angle such as the reasoning behind bringing the NWO into the federation and that horrible, goofy video of them posing. And I don't like what I am seeing with Steph and her potential alignment with the group.

~T

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I never thought I'd see Hogan in the WWF ever again. The mere fact that he will be there makes No Way Out a must see for me.
I'm really looking forward to Hall, Hogan, and Nash to break the trend for the same 'ol main events every pay-per-view. (Austin vs.Angle, Rock vs. Jericho, Austin vs. Angle :) )

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I never thought I'd see Hogan in WWF again too. That's why I don't like all 3 guys showing up at once. Hogan deserves to return on his own, and he alone would be a big ratings draw for the WWF.

~T

Scott W.

Second Unit
Hogan is my all time fave wrestler. I always prayed he'd come back... especially in the yellow and red colors that made him so succesfull in the past. But I guess I can settle for the 'Hollywood' gimmic. I'd go see the pay-per-view myself at the local theater here in Edmonton, but I work unfortuneatly. Hulk rules, always has, always will.

Scott

Van Patton

Second Unit
I can't wait til 8PM tonight when nWo starts. Some people may say, "Why hire 40-45 yr. old men?" Well these 3 men are the best entertainers I think in wrestling. I cant wait.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
The age of wrestlers is irrelevant to me. Ric Flair is in his 50s and he is still one of the most entertaining personalities in all of wrestling.

What I'm really interested to see is what Vinny Mac does wit the nWo. It's apparent that the nWo is the heel faction, but I'm afraid the fans will cheer them no matter what. When Hogan, Nash and Hall were shown on the big screen last week, people cheered.

This is the first pay per view in quite a while that I'm actually excited to watch.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I dont think it will last.I dont think these guys will be able to behave themselves long enough to stick around for any period of time.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I have to agree, the NWO will last until Summerslam at best before they get the boot. Hall has already pissed off about half of the current roster, who weren't too thrilled about this at all. I have no faith Big Lazy won't suck up the place as usual, and that Hogan can keep his ego in check.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I'm quite excited about the return (won't be watching the PPV, though). I'm hoping they don't screw up this angle as badly as they did the invasion.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Are they going to go back to Razor Ramone, Deisel and Hulk, or are they going to keep their WCW names? The reason I ask is that I thought the only reason they changed is because the names belonged to the WWF. Just wondering.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Since they will be part of the NWO, I assume their names will be Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall. I prefer these gimmicks to their respective WWF ones. If the NWO angle isn't successful, I think we could see the return of Hulk Hogan.

~T

Ryan_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
I doubt Hogan will be known as Hollywood Hogan. I have heard references of him as Hulk Hogan and I would think that is the identity he will be known as in the NWO. Hogan's Hollywood days are long gone.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Hogan wore the bandana with "Hollywood" at the PPV. I think he will want to be known as that, but the commentators will refer to him as Hulk sometimes (like they did in WCW).

NWO got a lot of show time. I liked the opening promo and all of the backstage segments, especially The Rock's promo that was hilarious. All 3 guys seem to be in great shape. So far, it doesn't seem like they are a threat to the WWF itself but rather to a few of the big WWF stars. WWF really needs to do something about its continuity problems.

~T

Ash Williams

Second Unit
I doubt Hogan will be known as Hollywood Hogan.
WWF.com is already refering to him as Hollywood. But it is still too early to tell.

I think it's cool that the nWo is returning. Hopefully they don't screw it up like WCW did. That whole nWo Wolfpac and LWO bullshit made me stop watching it.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
The PPV was nothing special save for the return of the nWo. I'm jazzed about the return of Hogan, Nash and Hall to the WWF. I never thought I would see Hogan working with Vince again.
I laughed out loud when The Rock mocked each one of those guys last night. I loved when he said "and you Diesel. Big Daddy Cool. honk-honk." I laughed out loud! :D
If the nWo is done right - like not dilluting it with mid-carders - it can breathe new life into the stale storylines of the past few months.
I'm really enjoying this invasion by the nWo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks