Wwe Undertaker Dvd - Worst Package Ever!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Adam_WM, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

I got the new Undertaker DVD today. It is a 3 disc set... I get to the store and there it is sitting on the shelf. Looks like a single disc to me, but it says 3 disc right on the box. I pick it up and sure enough... SHAKEY SHAKEY, uh oh! Loose disc inside! So I take it to the counter to open it to check for scracthes. Oh, it's a 3 disc set! It is a single disc case with a slightly higher hub and all 3 disc stacked on top of each other!

AHHHH!!!! Has anyone ever seen this before?

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I've seen dual-disc cases like this for Halo 2 video game on the Xbox. Ya, I hate this packaging. This is also the first WWE DVD I've purchased and I ABSOLUTELY HATE the fact they have the WWE Emblem "network bug" on the bottom left of the screen!

3. Cory H.

Cory H. Stunt Coordinator

Couldn't adopt the Tri-Fold like they do for the WM sets? Thanks for the head's-up, considering I was going to grab that later this week.

4. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

It is not going to stop me from picking it up as it is only $16 - It sucks abouts the hub - I would email or call the company about it.

Ryan

5. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

I'd say they decided to do an experiment here, and I'm not too thrilled about it. WWE offered free replacement packaging for the Flair set, if they get enough complaints, I would bet they will do the same for the Undertaker set. I was really wanting this set to be a digipak like the Flair and Superstars of the 80s sets.

6. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    Where the disc's damaged? I almost grabbed this yesterday. I can live with shitty packageing, how is the quality of the program itself?

7. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

The program is awesome! My disc wasn't "damaged" but it certainly has a high potential for becoming so with the cumbersome removal process.

What was the original FLAIR packaging like?

8. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Adam -

The Flair set was just like a Simpsons (1-5) or Saved By the Bell season set. The thick paper set just flips out. There is also no slip cover. I have no problem at all with the set for the Flair collection - feel free to wait as there are talks of a new Flair set.

Just a heads up, at Wal-Mart, they had several of the new Undertaker discs and the set feels like crap. The one I picked up was on the verge of being loose.

Ryan

9. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

The thing about the Flair set, and the reason they offered replacements was because the security tape was on the top of the box, so to open it you had to remove the tape, which in a lot of cases damaged the box.

I'm going to buy this DVD eventually, I have to watch Rumble 94 again...wow was that bad?

10. PatrickDA

PatrickDA Stunt Coordinator

Royal Rumble '94 was HORRIBLE outside of Bret & Owen facing
    The Quebecers for the Tag-team titles.

Oh, I wonder if I can still get a replacement copy of the
    Flair DVD?

11. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    I picked this up tonight and my packaging is different than you describe, It does not have one hub with 3 discs in it, but a case with one of those flipper trays in it that allows a disc on each side (staggered) and than the 3rd disc on a regular hub. It then has an insert that lists the matches on the discs. If this is how yours is, than I have to admit, while it's not exactly delux packaging, it is compact. I can't really complain, and wouldn't mind if more 3 discs set where done this way if it keeps the cost down.

12. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

HOW COME THE CANADIANS GET BETTER PACKAGING!

13. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

That is why there were so many anti-Canada gimmicks in WCW and WWF in the late 90's - 'cause they always get the better packaging. [​IMG]

Ryan

14. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    YEAHH!! Canada trumps the States in DVD WWE DVD packaging! SUCKERS!! And to add insult to injury, it's not bilinguel!! It's English only, no French to be found!!
    HAAA HAAAA HAAA![​IMG]

Sorry about that, I have to gloat. I think this is proabably the only time I've ever heard that the Canadian packaging is better than the States.

In Canada, this is put out by Koch Vision, UPC# 7 41952 91673 4, as per the back of my package. Is this the same as what you got?

15. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

That is the truest thing I have ever heard. [​IMG]