What's new

WWE news: Flair Packaging and Foley DVD Info. (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I really hate seeing partial matches...I wish they'd put the full ones on the Foley DVD :frowning: But it's good news about the Flair DVD packaging.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I don't know where you got the idea that these would just be clips of matches, the trailor is using clips to show what matches will be on the DVD, and on the DVD you'll get the full uncut matches. I base my proof of this on the fact that it will be over 5 hours worth of material...that's awful hard to do with clips. The only thing that might get cut would be the ECW and perhaps WCW entrances if they use music that WWE doesn't have or want to pay the rights to acquire.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
The commercial says specifically "with over 5 uncut hours of Foley's most memorable matches"....I would bet that the first disc will be a feature with Foley talking about the various matches and feuds, and a couple of full matches thrown in, with the second disc fully devoted to full matches....just like the Bloodbath steel cage matches 2 disc set.

Man I am looking forward to this, finally the awesome WCW Sting and Vader matches, as well as the awesome Spring Stampede '94 tag match. I hope it has the Slamboree '94 tag match as well. Add the fact that this will be the first time I'll be able to see his ECW stuff, and this has become my most anticipated release of a least the first half of 2004.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Nick, I suspect you are right and I have mixed feelings about it. Generally, I don't like WWE docs and if they're just going to use certain clips and then not include the whole matches in some instances than I think that's tantimount to teasing.

On the otherhand...it would be Foley talking and that would be enough to rule on its own. Although how many times will they include that match with HHH from Rumble 2000 on a DVD?

Ideally, it would be more like the Flair set than the Bloodbath set for me at least.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
They can show that Rumble 2000 foley/HHH match all they want. I was at that match and im actually seen in the crowd during the match :)

capt

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Its a fine match, in fact I like it on the couple of DVDs I have it on and I don't even own the Rumble 2000 DVD. The only way I want to see that match again is with a Foley commentary similar to the one that HHH did on his DVD with the only difference being that this one would actually be good. This would be one of those matches I wouldn't have a problem with if it were clipped in a doc, because its complete in other places, but if they were to show clips of say Cactus/Maxxx Payne Vs. Nasties and not provide the complete match, then I'd be pissed because that match in complete form is not found on any DVDs.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully they have the Rock vs. Foley "I Quit!" match from Royal Rumble 99' on there... still my favorite Foley match (still have it on tape somewhere around here).

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I'll drink to that, see, I've said this before but these Wrestling DVDs are a lot like the Looney Tunes sets, no matter what they put on there, I can always think of something else I wish would've been on there, I did it with the Flair set and will probably do it with the Foley set, but between this DVD and the Hard Knocks DVD I'll have most of what I want.

On nonWWE DVD related news, but still Wrestling, my friend told me that our NWATNA DVDs arrived today, I'll post some thoughts sometime after the new year on the X-division one.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I also hope the Foley/HHH street fight is on there, though it is on two currently available DVDs, while the HIAC retirement match a month later is not available on video or DVD, so I wouldn't be surprised if they went with that instead unless it went against Foley's wishes.

I won't mind if the first disc is a featurette type scenario, as the one "Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops was good.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
This is where I got that there would be some matches that are just clips...

I took the "at least in part" to mean you'd see at least part of the matches listed.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Kyle, I see what you're saying we just interpreted it differently. I took that at least in part, to mean that those would only be a few of the WWF matches shown on this DVD not just that we'd only see part of the matches.

I think Nick is right, I think its looking like a Bloodbath type release, with a doc that features clips of matches, and then the complete matches in a different section. I can live with that as long as we don't just get clips of certain matches and then no complete list. I've never seen Sting/Cactus before even though Sting is in my top 2 favorite Wrestlers ever, and if all I were to get is clips I'd get pissed.

Also, I don't want coach narating I want Foley himself...

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Casey, I'm willing to bet the Sting vs Cactus Beach Blast match will be on there, Foley said in his first book he thought it was the second best match he's even been in, second only to Michaels/Foley. It's a pretty good match...I had never seen it myself until WCW released a "Fan's Choice" tape in 2000, which had it, one of the Flair/Steamboat matches, Foley vs Vader from Halloween Havoc, and some newer stuff, including crap like Sting-Hogan from Starrcade.

Eman_Ramos

Stunt Coordinator
I'd definitely get the Mick Foley DVD...It's a bonus if he does commentary!

But I'm still waiting for them to put all the Wrestlemanias on DVD. Is that even possible now, or are there just too many problems to make that happen?

chris_clem

Second Unit

And with that I hope Michaels/Foley is in there too! :D

How can they not include his best match according to him!?!?:emoji_thumbsup:

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Chris, clips of Michaels/Foley are on the commercial for the new Foley set, but that match was on Foley's last DVD, and Michaels' current 2 disc set (which anybody who is a wrestling fan should go buy RIGHT NOW), so it may be clipped only....again, just depends on what they are going for with this set.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

It is very much possible up to a certain point, the WWF logo that they have to blur out is the scratch logo used in the attitude erra, now I don't know for sure if they blur out all the older logos for the sake of consistency. The WWE knows how much money the old WrestleMania's would make on DVD, so they'll do it. Now, they might have had them out in time for WrestleMania XX had they not lost the court case and had to blur out the logo, because remember they do not have to edit the commentary or anything like that. My guess is that this has delayed the appearance of WM on DVD, but not canceled it.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure, but maybe this little blurb from www.wrestlingobserver.com can help you figure out the format of this thing

still kind of vague, but I'm still inclined to hope that this has the structure of the Flair DVD, with Mick's comments before the match and then the match itself with other extras, that's the format they should stick with for these wrestler releases...

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I'm still willing to bet Wrestlemania on DVD happens soon, possibly in correlation with Wrestlemania XX.

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
For those of you with an FYE store nearby, according to their Sunday ad, they have the Mick Foley DVD on sale for $16.99. They also have the Ric Flair DVD on sale for $22.99. Sale ends 1/21. (I know, they don't give you much time!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks