What's new

WWE HBK 3-disc DVD Set! (1 Viewer)

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
All credit goes to the Wrestling-Online newsletter...

-- A new DVD that will be released next month is titled 'Shawn Michaels - From The Vault', the first in the Vault series. This will be a 3 disc set with matches including the AWA Tag Team championship; vs Razor Ramon at WM X; vs Bret Hart at WM XII; vs Diesel in a No-Holds-Barred match; vs Mankind for the WWE Heavyweight title; vs Undertaker in a Hell In A Cell match; vs Triple H at SummerSlam 2002. Plus three hours of bonus footage for DVD buyers, which include promos, interviews, photo galleries and a commentary by HBK and Kevin Nash on their match. The artwork for the DVD and VHS features HBK in his usual pose with pyros behind him, 'From The Vault' written at the top and 'Shawn Michaels' in the bottom.-
I'm loving the idea of a 3 disc set.

Dean

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I am a big wwe fan, so i will surely get this, but i heard that its officially a 2 disc set, and that site probably made a typo. What i mean is last years hulk hogan dvd had tons more stuff on it and was a 2 disc set, shawns dvd has slightly less matches , so its probably 2 discs. I think even amazon.com lists it as 2. Those are good matches they picked for this set, i cant wait . Thanks for the heads up!

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Can't wait for this set. It will look very nice sitting next to Hulk Still Rules and Best of Raw Volumes 1 & 2. Then Nash/HBK commentary should be very enlightening
HBK: "Wow. That was a hell of a big boot."
Nash: "Thanks."
The sound of Kevin Nash biting into a hamburger is heard.
:D

Robert__Q

Auditioning
excellent news

i was just wondering if somebody could fill me in on the best wrestling dvds. such as the hulk still rules (which i have) that basically spans a wrestlers entire career. i know there is a nwo one, but i heard that it skips about 2 years of wcw after they were introduced and goes right into the wwf.

i know that wwe got the rights to all the wcw footage now, so i been waiting to see how they used it.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
The HBK set sounds cool, but a 'Best of Mick Foley' dvd would make my year. I've got the Hard Knocks & Cheap Pops dvd, as well as Rumble 2000 and KotR 1996, and his books tell you pretty much all you'd want to know, but I'd love to have an actual dvd covering more of Mick's career, not just his WWF/WWE days. They've got the rights to WCW material, so why not use it? His ECW stuff will be harder to get a hold of though - aren't WWE still bidding for those rights or something?

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Well Mick hasn't been on good terms with Vince as of late. Mick publicly expressed his taste for the nercophilia angle last year and Vince doesn't take criticism very well even from good employees that defend him in their books. A Foley DVD would be great but there's more chance of a Best of Bret DVD at this time (which has been discussed by Vince and Bret).

Kip Lackey

Stunt Coordinator
Are they even gonna release the entire Wrestlemania collection on DVD? I've got the VHS set but would definitely upgrade.

As for individual wrestlers, I'd love a three disc Ric Flair DVD!!

Karl F

Stunt Coordinator
Are they even gonna release the entire Wrestlemania collection on DVD? I've got the VHS set but would definitely upgrade.
Well, I'm wondering about the WWF lawsuit -- how many of those Wrestlemanias use the "scratch" logo? 'Cause it looks like they'd have to "blur" those out full-time. I don't know if we're going to be seeing many re-releases from the Attitude Era.

In other news, I picked up the new Rey Mysterio DVD -- haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but it's got several good matches on it -- a classic one with Psicosis, some Dean Malenko stuff, and a tag match from the AAA "When Worlds Collide" PPV, which is a great, great lucha libre show (well worth tracking down -- although you'll probably have to settle for a third-gen VHS dub).

--K

Karl F

Stunt Coordinator
Surely they can get some kind of allowance for past productions
I dunno, they always blur out the logo when they show old clips on TV -- on the mic cover, on the turnbuckles, everywhere. It seems pretty case-closed from that.

McMahon apparently had just enough rope in his prior agreement with the Wildlifers to hang himself with, I think. I don't know if they're going to be receptive to giving him any more leeway.

--K

Mark Lemmond

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be buying this in a second! Now if only Vince would put together a Best Of Ric Flair box set. hint *cough* *cough* hint

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I dont know how reliable this is , but over at rajah wwf.comin the wrestling board, the non spoiler board, in the wwe dvd thread,it says that the dvd will have the rockers at beefcakes barbershop as 1 of the extras ! Other extras include shawn michaels giving an interview on the old superstars of wrestling tv show, before they were superstars documentary, wrestlemania 12 promotional spots, interview wth shawn right before his match with mankind,also as an extra triple hhhs attack on shawn micaels with the sledgehammer after their summerslam match. There were way even more than that announced , but to many to remember. Again, remember i dont know if this is a reliable site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks