What's new

WWE Fans: Going to RAW. Any sign ideas? (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I think it'll be simple. Just go to each row, about 4, and pass out signs to fill up that row. You'll have detailed instructions on the back of each sign. It's Flair Country, so I think the people would be willing to be part of something cool like that.

~T

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Edwin, that's a great idea. Instead of advertising in Variety, we could have HTF members attend Raw or Smackdown with anti-pan & scan signs! :)
~T

CameronS

Supporting Actor
LOL. The Titan Tron itself looks to be about 1.77:1. You know the WWE would care about OAR as well. ;)

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
How about:
Nash = Mr. Glass
Nepotisim = Bad ratings (McMahon won't laugh, but I will)
And if you really want to impress, you could always have a big sign that says A1Wrestling.com!! (My favorite website)
But that's just if you're looking to win me over!
:D

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
Not to sound like a dick but do you really find wrestling entertaning? I used to like it when I was 6 until I found out it was fake. Do any of you really think this is real? I'm not trying to piss any of you off but I'm curious.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
When wrestling is at its best, there's hardly anything else that is equally entertaining.

I'm sure all of us here know that the outcome of the matches are predeteremined.

~T

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I still think the funniest sign I ever saw was simply "Ass". Best sign I saw was this hot chick in the lower arena who wrote, "I give head". :laugh:

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

So where does the entertainment come from if the matches are predeteremind? I think it would be more entertaining if it was real and the matches were not predetermined. Wouldn't you agree? I would probably watch if they were real.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't matter if it is predetermined. Professional Wrestling, when written correctly, if VERY entertaining. If you want to learn ALOT about what wrestling is REALLY about... I would recommend Mick Foley's book "Have a Nice Day", one of the best autobiographies I have read.
I was big into wrestling till about a year and a half ago, when WCW and WWF (now WWE) merged. I was also a hardcore ECW fan, but we all know how that ended up :rolleyes:I have attended 1 House Show, 2 RAWS, 2 SMACKDOWNS, a PPV (Armageddon) and 2 ECW shows... very exciting stuff. :D

CameronS

Supporting Actor
If it were real, it wouldn't be nearly as dramatic, exciting or entertaining. All the reasons why I love it.

Being a wrestling fan, this comes up all the time from non-fans. "Don't you know it's fake!?" Uhhh... yeah, but what does that have to do with anything.

Hey, did you know that movies were fake? Yeah, everything that happens on the big screen is actually scripted! Don't go to live theater either... All fake!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I don't know about others, but most of the times I hardly care about the winner of a wrestling match. It's about the journey, not the destination.

~T

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
Cameron- That's exactly what I tell people when they give me the "you know it's fake" statement.

I'll ask them what their favorite show is, they'll say something like Frasier, and then I begin to disect every part of how Fraiser is fake, and finish with "how could you be entertained by that?"

It's weird that people never seem to see the similarity.
Why is it so hard to make the connection?

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I picked up some material for the Booker sign yesterday after work.
The sign has a picture of Booker T's head in the center that will manually spin around when I am done with it. ;) Flames at the bottom of the sign, especially to the right and left. Written at the top, it says, "CAN YOU DIG THE" and on the lower end over the flames is the word "SPINEROONI?" :D
I think it looks pretty cool. For anyone who might care *cough*THI*cough*, I might try to get a picture of it to post when I get off of work :)
I'm not doing the Flair WOOOO sign, at least not this time. ;) I'll barely have enough time to finish the Booker sign.

Damian James

Stunt Coordinator
How about a HUGE sign that says "The loser behind me can't see because of my big ass sign"
:D heheh
I am SO not a fan of wrestling, but I don't think people would be tearing muscles and breaking legs 'n things if it was fake. I gotta respect those people for their athleticism and tenacity. I'd be thinking HELL NO if I was injured and expected to still give fans their money's worth. People who understand that people paid money to be entertained by them get a :emoji_thumbsup: . Too many phone it in nowadays.
Back on the subject of the thread, I'd think that whatever pisses off the bad guy would be the one to get attention from them as they walk by ;)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
How about no sign at all?

Personally, I just want to kill the people with the signs, they all say the same things, for every original sign there are 200 ones spouting the catch phrases. That and people keep shoving them in my way of seeing.

I managed to check out several WWF cameras last time I went. The eyepiece is clearly marked that they're shooting 16:9, that and the fact that the TitanTron always shows more image, especially on the long shots.

I would love to get Wrestlemania in widescreen

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I agree with the sign annoyance, Jeff. The only time I will use one is when I'm standing and I will hold it over my chest.
I have been in the middle of sign fights before :frowning: . The guy in front holds up a huge sign when the Rock comes out, and all these drunk guys start yelling and spitting on the back of our heads :frowning: . All because of a sign. There's got to be some courtesy, you know?
I'd like to see WWE in HDTV. Or, at least, the PPVs.

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
I guess it takes a certain, uh, personality type to get into pro wrestling. Me...I am definitely a non pro wrestling personality type.:)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
All I have to say is that wrestling rings are pretty awesome. Believe it or not, getting body slammed on one of those things is pretty cool. And it's pretty cool to get bounce off the ropes and do a clothesline.

Bill Geiger

Second Unit
How about "Who Booked This Crap?" or "Mike Hunt." I mean... you might risk getting them taken so.... enjoy! I am only gonna be able to see a few minutes of the show before I have to go to work but I'll tape it.

And, am I the only one who hates it when people at ringside STAND the WHOLE TIME? For the love of God, sit down!!!

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
My favorite sign so far has been one with a figure that kind of looked like an angry dwarf from Snow White, and simply said "Stinky the poop gnome". It was so unexplainable, I found it hilarious!
How about:
"I dance for chicken wings"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks