WWE announces 2006 DVD releases

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by David Bixenspan, Feb 3, 2006.

1. David Bixenspan

David Bixenspan Stunt Coordinator

2. Rusty_W

Rusty_W Auditioning

I thought there was supposed to be an Owen Hart tribute DVD out this year as well. A friend of mine told me a quite different list back about 2 months ago. A final Eddie Tribute, perhaps a Macho Man one (depending on if they want to be on good terms with Hogan for this years WM or not). I know he told me others, but those are the only ones I could remember. I wish I knew where he read that list off of. I hope they did not switch Owen with Pillman...Did anyone happen to see a list with an Owen DVD on it? Many wrestling sites spread lies, so it's hard to know the truth from fiction at times.

3. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    HULK HOGAN: THE ULTIMATE ANTHOLOGY

I'm curious to see this one. I own the "Hulk Still Rules" 2-disc release and thought the WWE did quite well covering Hogan's career from beginning to end, and the plethora of bonus matches were definitely nothing to sneeze at. Mind you, it would be nice to see some AWA matches in this next release, which I think is a safe bet since WWE has their library. I can't wait to see the specs for this one.

4. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

That has me curious as well about the Hogan DVD.

Is he once again at WM's main event ?

The Roddy Piper is also a shoe in ?

5. Matthew Green

Matthew Green Stunt Coordinator

I hope the Austin McMahon DVD is not a redo of the VHS version of the same name.

I HOPE the Hulk Hogan one is not just the previous VHS releases...6 volumes put on a DVD...

I'd buy the AWA one. Maybe the Manager's one. I never liked Brian Pillman. I ONLY saw his stuff while in the WWF. He wrestled for like 6 months if that. He didn't show me enough to warrant a strong opinion.

6. David Bixenspan

David Bixenspan Stunt Coordinator

Pillman was a really awesome wrestler before his car accident. Some of his more noteable great matches were vs Lex Luger, Ric Flair, Jushin Liger, Barry Windham, and w/ Steve Austin (as the Hollywood Blondes) vs Ricky Steamboat & Shane Douglas.

7. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Matthew, you're missing out. Like David said, Pillman was a completely different worker before his accident. One of the innovators of high flying. Try a search on youtube.com for some of his early work. Incredible stuff. Lord knows I'd love an Owen set but Martha Hart would most likely try to block it's release. Kinda curious how Bret feels about it.

8. Tim B

Tim B Auditioning

According to PWInsder.com, one DVD not on the list is: "ECW Bloodsport - The Most Violent Matches Volume II". It is almost positive that this will be released in 2006.

9. Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe Second Unit

speaking of Steamboat....he was my faveorite wrestler as a kid. I would love to see a 2-3 disc set of his story.
    Can't wait for the Roddy Piper one. Hope it has a lot of mid atlantic stuff on it.

10. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

You know, I'd like to know when they are going to release that massive fighting macth that occured when the "Millionaire's Club" battled the "New Blood" back when WCW was showing. I remember that 2-Hour event and it was one of the best programming events I saw when I used to watch WCW and WWE. I don't watch it anymore but I wish they would release that special to DVD.

11. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Producer

Does Vince hate The Macho Man Randy Savage or what? Probably the best wrestling star of the 80's, and still no dvd. Trish Stratus, Stacy Keebler no thank you, Miss Elizabeth will always the most beautiful lady in the history of wrestling. It would be great to see her on dvd as well.

12. ThomasMon

ThomasMon Stunt Coordinator

I am getting 1/2 of my wish list with the Piper DVD. I hope they include a ton of Piper's Pits. Especially the fued with Adrian Adonis when he crashed the Flower Shop and all of the Pits from before WM3.

Now, if I can have a Macho Man DVD, I would be set.

13. Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu Supporting Actor

I had hoped with the Kevin Von Erich appearance at a RAW show and the rumored deal that Kevin sold the rights to the WCCW tapes that we would see some WCCW tapes from the glory days of the mid 80's.

Andy

14. Laurence Price

Laurence Price Stunt Coordinator

Randy Savage wasn't even profiled on the "The Greatest Wrestling Stars of the 80's" DVD. The DVD didn't bother to discuss Savage's career and history during the 80's at length or in any sort of detail. As I recall the DVD only mentioned him (as briefly as possible) when he was involved in some of the storylines and feuds from other wrestler's profiles. The DVD made certain to highlight other wresters that were around at the time like Hogan, Piper, Jimmy Snuka etc. Considering that Randy Savage was one of the biggest stars in wrestling at the time I thought it was odd that he wasn't featured on the DVD as prominently as some of the other wrestlers were.

15. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

There's various rumors as to why Savage hasn't been profiled for a DVD or even made an appearance in the WWE since he jumped ship for WCW. Most of the time people say he wants to much money or because of his heat with Hogan or a really stupid rumor that I won't even bother to post here. If Vince could come to terms with Bret for a DVD I don't see why he hasn't with Savage.

16. Random Hero

Random Hero Second Unit

Steve, is it the rumor involving Stephanie McMahon?

17. Voon Jiet

Voon Jiet Stunt Coordinator

Voon

I would love to have a Steamboat compilation. Although his mike work was far from the best, his in-ring ability was second to none IMHO.

As for the upcoming DVDs, I am looking forward to the Piper set. I'll wait and see on the Hogan 'Anthology'.

Moving topics, for those of you with the Bret Hart 3-disc set, I've heard about the audio sync problem with the Austin WM13 match. Is that a problem on all discs, or is there a second pressing which fixed the problem? Is the problem distracting?

18. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

A Steamboat set would be great and as mentioned above so would a Savage set.

Oh the ones announced I'll be getting:
    * Brian Pillman: Loose Cannon
    * Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology
    * Born to Controversy: The Roddy Piper Story
    * The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA
    * The World's Greatest Wrestling Managers
    * The American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story (2-disc)

There are still loads I need to get in the meantime though. Has anybody gotten the Superstar Billy Graham DVD? If so how is it?