Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Apple' started by Sam Posten, May 21, 2019.
I love you man
Well, I love you too, Sam.
But I am kind of curious why that reply suddenly appeared? What did I do?
Your the only one I know who can out Crazy-Eddie me. At least I know what stuff I'm ordering before hand =p
Damned if I do. Damned if I don't.
If I wait till an announcement the value of reselling my MBP goes down.
I have to say one thing about Apple leaks as of recent...
They tend to be spot on.
I'm willing to roll the dice that there is going to be a 16" announced in September (unless you eat a mushroom) along with a new keyboard.
Have a Private Message to send you. Watch out for it...
Are these regular or magic mushrooms that we're feeding Sam?
I have a clearance so no magic ones regardless. But I'm confident I won't be eating any regular ones anyway...
Haha I have found the best way to keep from being tempted by new Macbook Pros (mid-2015 still going strong btw): sink money into another hobby. I want this bike so bad...
It only costs 2 of Ron's MBP builds. Or maybe 3.
Just wait till we get you hooked on Boardgames @Carlo Medina
I never thought I would say this about a Mac product, but I can't wait to get rid of this MacBook Pro.
I just registered for a Trade-In with Apple that will net me nearly $2k for my current machine.
That's going towards the new 16-inch model.
I hate this keyboard with a passion. I can't write a single sentence without there being double characters. This keyboard has just gotten worse with each passing week. I don't even like the feel of it anymore.
Let's hope the new MBP is announced in another three weeks, though I am not getting my hopes up it will be that soon.
Next keynote is 10 September. Book it.
Per pattern the past year or two, I'll be out of town in an all-day meeting. I look forward to catching up that night in my hotel room.
I will be on vacation in Washington D.C. and will be depending on an Instant Message from Sam Posten letting me know if a Macbook Pro is announced so I can stop wherever I am and order it.
BTW I’m sure I’ll be Pooh-poohed for this but you guys with your 1980s mindset of “I’ll wait for the 2nd rev or first major patch” might want to reconsider on this years launches. Waiting till early 2020 for the iPhone 11 or a new MacBook might cost you a 10% difference in tariffs.
It might not either.
The only way to be sure is to buy at launch and trust Apple will make anything that is t perfect right.
Apple’s going to eat the tariffs.
That is what I read
Remember that any possible price increase on the other products wouldn't necessarily happen at the stroke of midnight Dec 15th. The tariffs hit goods when they are imported, not sold. So Apple can be selling you goods on, say, Jan 15th that had been imported before Dec 15th.
Did the problems happen suddenly? Back in April, you were fine.
If you don’t mind...why haven’t you gotten it repaired? Too difficult to get it in to Apple? Too long without the computer while it’s being repaired? Other?
The keyboard progressively got worse as time went on.
I began noticing a lot of double characters. I downloaded a recommended app called "unshaky" which helped the situation somewhat.
However, as I said, things have gotten worse. I can't type a sentance without some kind of character error.
I did schedule appointments with the Apple Store. However, that store is a 30 minute drive each way and I just kept canceling and putting off the visits as news about the new 16" MBP began growing stronger.
At this point it's Apple's problem, or rather that of the next owner. I have already sent in for a return kit so I won't have this MBP much longer.
That really stinks.